Senior Software Engineer - TV Player
- Los Gatos, California
- Streaming Client
At Netflix, we are always learning, innovating and discovering ways to make our video streaming experience better. We’re also always looking for the next stunning colleague to join our ranks. If you are looking for a role that has:
• colleagues to inspire and challenge you
• projects to redefine the television experience
• opportunities to directly contribute to the company’s success
• a chance to bring the world’s stories to a global market
...then read on.
WHAT SETS US APART..
The Netflix app is installed on hundreds of millions of CE devices - everything from Smart TVs and streaming sticks to game consoles and cable boxes. Hidden inside is a world-class streaming video player that despite running on so many different devices requires no Preferences or Options dialog. Hence this team’s motto, “It Just Works.”
The Device Video Player Team sits at the nexus of a diverse set of innovative activities, such as new approaches to video encoding, optimizing our streaming algorithms through AB testing, and expanding our product with new interactive titles. We regularly run joint projects with many other teams at Netflix including UI, Encoding, Edge, and Open Connect. The future holds many exciting frontiers. We’re looking for an experienced engineer to support development of projects like these through contributions to our automated build and test infrastructure.
IF YOU CAN…
- Address complex architectural problems with simple, intuitive design
- Work at all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment and support)
- Effectively drive technical collaboration and communication with multiple client and server engineering teams
- Find patterns in data to quickly identify user populations and root cause problems
IF YOU HAVE…
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience
- Experience with strongly typed languages (Java, C#, C++)
- Agility in developing connected applications and advancing them in response to changing business needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
IF YOU PRACTICE…
- End-to-end ownership of major features and component throughout their entire life cycle
- Attention to detail and openness to critique through code and design reviews
- Opportunistic code refactoring (you are comfortable changing tires on a moving vehicle)
- Customer advocacy—the desire to continually improve customer experience
- Test-centric development and continuous integration
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN…
- Streaming video concepts
- Test-driven development and continuous integration
- TypeScript, ES6, Node.js
- Multi-device communication and control
- Multi-threaded app development
… THEN WE ARE INTERESTED IN YOU!
Netflix is an equal opportunity employer. Read more about our unique culture.
Share this listing:
Share this listing: