Return to Work Program - UI Engineer - Subscription Platform
- Los Gatos, California
- Return to Work Program
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Netflix is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to anyone who has at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
Subscription platform owns the backend services that let customers sign up, get service and pay for Netflix. Subscription billing is the primary source of revenue for Netflix. Our platform supports 137+ million Netflix subscribers around the world. We enable invoicing, gifts, charging through various payment processors and partners across the world. How do we ensure that we are providing our members the best possible options without compromising availability, scalability and cost? Our large scale, highly available infrastructure is at the core of that challenge.
We are in a hyper growth mode. As we grow, our needs to build tools for engineering and business stakeholders is growing as well. We are looking for highly motivated engineers who can apply their technical skills towards building scalable tools for engineering and business stakeholders. In this role, you will be interacting with a wide set of users and partners.
- 5+ years of hands on, software engineering experience in building business critical, scalable systems with 99.999+ availability.
- Self-motivated and high-performing, with a passion for both business and technology.
- Successful track record of delivering results in complex cross-functional projects.
- Strong data structures and algorithms knowledge.
- Proficient in Java OR another object oriented programming language.
- Experience with Spring, MySQL, Hive, NoSQL datastore such as Cassandra.
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, Google Compute)
- Experience in building distributed applications that can scale and are highly available.
- Extensive experience with concurrency, multi-threading, and event driven architecture.
Netflix offers an exciting employee culture that enables freedom and responsibility. Learn more about us via the Netflix culture memo and jobs site.
Other relevant links