Senior Analytics Engineer - Studio Science and Analytics
- Los Angeles, California
- Data Science and Engineering
Netflix is revolutionizing entertainment and shaping the evolution of storytelling around the world. We deliver billions of hours of movies and shows per month to more than 130 million accounts globally, reaching new audiences every day. Our data-driven culture allows us to continuously innovate and provide the best experience for our diverse member base.
The Studio Science and Analytics team at Netflix is a talented group of analytics engineers and data scientists who help scale our rapidly expanding Studio efforts (more than $8B content investment last year). We conduct analyses and develop analytic tools, build predictive models and algorithms using machine learning, all with the goal of creating more joy for our members. Check out this blog post to learn more about the area and some of the problems we're working on, and for more about our broader research and analytics work, you can visit the Netflix Research website.
We’re looking for an analytics engineer who can help us understand via data the various aspects of how we produce content, with specific focus on the production finance and budgeting areas.
- Be a strategic partner for the business: identify high-impact analytical problems and find innovative solutions with data
- Spearhead the creation of metrics that provide insight and help with decision-making
- Develop high-impact dashboards and analyses to build visibility into Studio operations, and lead efforts to scale reporting through automation
- Facilitate information self-service to business users through data pipelines and custom analytic tools
- A senior analytics professional with a proven track record of data analysis, reporting and visualization (e.g. Tableau, D3)
- A strong communicator with the ability to build meaningful stakeholder relationships
- Enthusiastic about innovating in a fast-paced data and analytics space
- Excited to learn about new fields, with the ability to be scrappy as needed
- Comfortable with ambiguity; able to thrive with minimal oversight and process
- Expertise in SQL, programming skills (e.g. Python, Scala), ETL and data warehousing concepts
You will have the opportunity to impact the business in a meaningful way. You will have the freedom to innovate, solve interesting problems and influence in a fast paced, exciting environment. You will work with smart people who love to solve hard problems, and who not only expect but also foster high performance. You can learn more about the Netflix culture at jobs.netflix.com/culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Share this listing:
Share this listing: