Senior Security Engineer, Security Protocols
- Los Gatos, California
- Streaming Client
Would you like to be a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, as a member of which you get to develop products used by millions of people? Is cryptography one of your passions? We need a versatile engineer enthusiastic about security to help us tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. Netflix has an unprecedented and ever-growing number of devices and users enjoying the service daily. We’ve launched our service in 190 countries and serve content to hundreds of millions of devices, enjoyed by hundreds of millions of users.
The Security Protocols team is looking for a Senior Security Protocols Engineer. Our team is responsible for designing and implementing protocols to continuously enhance the security of our customers and clients, while preserving a great Netflix customer experience. If you’re a Netflix customer, then you have benefited from the work of the Security Protocols team. We secure the Netflix streaming client ecosystem, including laptops/desktops, phones/tablets, Smart TVs, game consoles, set-top boxes, and streaming sticks. Our team interacts with the development community inside and outside of Netflix.
Netflix engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, view, and interact with media. The right individual for this role must be comfortable with ambiguity and be able to make quick, well-informed decisions. Much of our work is accomplished through influence, not mandates. We regularly collaborate with other teams across Netflix. The candidate will embody Netflix’s culture of Freedom and Responsibility through their behavior and interactions daily and be willing to invite, receive and promote constructive feedback. They will exude curiosity about our business and have a proven track record of rapid self-learning. We value inclusion and diversity of opinions and people.
- Cryptography, security protocols design and implementation (SSL/TLS, API design, key exchange and management)
- History of designing software to meet complex, system-wide requirements and demonstrated ability to understand business requirements and translate them into code
- Distributed systems and client/server development experience
- Prepared to work in diverse programming environments and comfortable learning new languages
- Comfortable with both client and server-side ecosystems
- A natural inclination to work within a culture that is fast-paced, dynamic, and self-directed