Return to Work Program - Software Engineer - API
- Los Gatos, California
- Return to Work Program
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Netflix is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to anyone who has at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
Netflix is reinventing how the world watches television and movies. People everywhere want to access great content on their favorite devices and in new ways, such as search using voice. Join a team of talented engineers and help us reach people with top shows and movies.
You will build the APIs that power novel content discovery and voice interaction across devices.
We now have more than 137 million members but most of our growth still lies ahead. Your work will be a key part of this future growth as the APIs enable us to tell prospective members about the latest movies and TV shows in rich and engaging ways.
Our rigorous innovation model focuses on exploring and defining great ideas, which we then validate against metrics. This analytical approach is at the intersection of creativity and analytics and requires talented engineers who are experts in their domain, who are curious, and who contribute broadly.
We have a unique culture that allows you to do your best work.
What to expect
- You will partner with stakeholders to help inform solutions that work well for today’s use cases but that also anticipate future applications
- You will design, build, and evolve ergonomic APIs for a wide array of consumers and use cases
- You will collaborate with a broad team of engineers to craft scalable and secure server-side architecture
- Your role does not have strict boundaries, giving you the opportunity to expand your impact where you see value to the engineering team and our business
- We work to attract the best and brightest, and pay accordingly
Ideal Skill Set
- You have led the life-cycle of APIs from inception to deployment and support across multiple versions
- You have experience crafting client-server architecture
- You have led cross-functional engineering efforts
- You are a strong critical thinker with a balance of analytical and creative skills
- You have excellent communication skills and ability to excel in a dynamic, intellectual, results-driven environment
- You are product focused and collaborate to find the best solutions
- Experience with AWS or other Cloud offerings a plus