Open Connect Partner Engagement Manager
- Los Gatos, California
- Content Delivery
Netflix is responsible for over 30% of primetime Internet traffic with many Internet Service Providers (ISPs), and continues to experience amazing growth. The Open Connect Partner Engagement Team works to ensure the best end-user quality of experience possible through efforts with ISPs to maximize traffic throughput and minimize network congestion in the most efficient manner possible. Details on our Open Connect initiative including peering and directed cache appliances (OCAs) are available at http://openconnect.netflix.com.
This role is ideal for someone with around 4 years of related industry experience looking to grow their skill set at one of the single largest internet content providers.
- Maintain and deepen relationships with ISPs in the US and Canada to optimize end-user quality of experience
- Provide regular updates and capacity forecasts to ISP partners on Netflix traffic destined to their users. Suggest potential network optimizations where appropriate.
- Monitor interconnection and OCA utilization to ensure sufficient capacity is available
- Partner with the Netflix CDN operations team on service availability and ISP communications
- Contribute to relevant industry organizations and events to promote Open Connect and to help develop the global interconnection ecosystem
- Communicate effectively and succinctly with a wide variety of technical, business, and legal contacts at ISP partners fluently in English
- High-level project management skills to ensure the success of partner activities
- Exceptional familiarity with Internet technology concepts and their use by ISPs including routing (IGP/BGP), traffic management, and interconnection and data center services
- Clearly present Netflix Open Connect concepts and activities for audiences of various sizes
- Analyze and present a variety of data using Google Sheets, scripting, and database queries
- Produce reports using tools such as Microstrategy and Tableau for internal and partner uses
Organizational (Ability to)
- See a problem or opportunity and act on it independently
- Be a self starter
- Know when to escalate
- Write technical documentation
- Find the solution that no one else thought of
Our culture is unique and is a key part of our approach to innovation. You will be a critical person in a high-performance organization that is really, truly changing how the world watches movies and TV. Our mad dash to integrate Netflix into all devices was just the start, now things start to get interesting...