Return to Work Program Software Engineer - Production Workflows Engineering
- Los Gatos, California
- Return to Work Program
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Netflix is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to anyone who has at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
Netflix is reinventing the way the world watches movies and television. Over 125 million members around the globe already enjoy our award-winning content, but most of our growth still lies ahead. To support this, we continue to expand our content budget and are experiencing hyper-growth within our Content Engineering team.
The Production Workflows Engineering team is part of the larger Content Engineering team. We build and maintain the web applications that manage the workflow of Netflix’s Original Content production. Our team’s goal is to build applications that keep new shows progressing through the entire creative process. We work closely with the teams producing Netflix shows, building tools to manage the production process so they can focus on what they do best: telling great stories.
Netflix is an equal opportunity employer and firmly believes in inclusion and diversity. It takes diversity of thought, culture, background, and perspective to create a truly global Internet TV network.
- You have 5+ years of experience in developing web applications.
- You are excited about building scalable APIs and reusable Gems.
- You have a solid understanding of object oriented design, and common design patterns.
- You believe in automatic testing, hold pragmatic code coverage in high regard, and can explore and propose ways to incrementally improve code quality.
- You are comfortable giving feedback to ensure high standards of code maintainability and extensibility.
- You show initiative and pragmatism in your creation of quality user experiences that deliver business value.
- You are a continuous learner who collaborates well with users, partners, teammates, and willingly seeks help.
- You are curious how great TV and movie content is produced and want to be involved in building applications for this process.
Nice to Have
- You have experience building distributed systems leveraging microservices.
- You use metrics to instrument performance and measure downtime.
- You have a working understanding of GRPC.
- You have experience working with GraphQL.