Software Engineer, Full Stack- Employee Applications
- Los Gatos, California
- Employee Technology
At Netflix, we are shaping the future of global entertainment bringing moments of joy to 100+ million customers. The Employee Applications team is focused on building enterprise technology solutions for our employees to find the right information quickly and with ease to keep the business functioning smoothly.
We are looking for a strong full stack engineer who has experience building web and mobile applications for enterprise and consumers. You will help design, build and maintain scalable applications and build the API infrastructure that can be used across all employee applications products. You have experience working closely with third party vendors, Netflix engineering teams and business stakeholders to build these end-to-end solution.
You are self motivated and like to work independently. You are passionate about building quality products and want to own projects end-to-end leading with the right design and development principles. You have strong communication and collaboration skills. You are a problem solver and like to challenge yourself with building the right solutions.
- Create simple and intuitive web and mobile designs
- Design, develop and deploy integrated solutions
- Own and manage all the phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment and support)
- Design, build and maintain API infrastructure that allows for standard integration methodology between applications and third party/Netflix services
- Collaborate effectively with teammates and technical partners
- Communicate technical ideas and direction across the organization with a focus on problem solving
- Senior-level full stack engineer with 5+ years of experience
- Strong in Java experience, proficiency with Ruby on rails OR another object oriented programming language
- Experience integrating with internal and third party solutions
- Strong knowledge of building restful APIs for internal and external products using languages such as Java and Ruby on rails
- You have knowledge of cloud computing platforms, like Amazon Web Services
- Ability to work closely with internal stakeholders and vendors to understand their systems, build custom solutions, integrate with these systems and deploy the solution
- Strong data structures, algorithms and design patterns knowledge
- Demonstrable ability to work across multiple teams to deliver an end product