Return to Work Program - Software Engineer - Studio Finance Engineering
- Los Gatos, California
- Return to Work Program
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Netflix is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to anyone who has at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
Netflix is rapidly becoming the world’s largest studio. We are looking for talented engineers that will help us to become the world's most technologically advanced studio as well.
Our service brings families and communities together through great storytelling and amazing experiences. Our engineers help to bring those stories to life for over 125 million members in over 190 countries. If you are motivated by making an IMPACT in mission-critical systems, we would love to talk with you.
The Studio Engineering team is responsible for systems that take an idea from an introductory pitch to streaming to millions of subscribers worldwide. Our company goal is to win those moments of truth when an individual or family is choosing between watching Netflix, playing on their game console, or watching old-fashioned satellite or cable. Our team contributes to this effort by building beautiful, intuitive, and high performance applications that provides added leverage for multiple teams at Netflix. Our team builds fintech services for Netflix Content finance and accounting team to help them decide how next $ is best spent on content.
You will be successful in this role if you:
- Are a hands-on engineer and you love what you do
- Are pragmatic and know how to ship high-value features quickly
- Have a strong interest in resolving technical challenges related to corporate finance.
- Adaptive to quickly changing business requirements and work in an agile environment
- Are self-driven and highly motivated to deliver top-tier solutions with minimal guidance
- Are team player who enjoys collaborating with business partners and engineers across the company to understand and solve problems
- Are curious about emerging technologies and can quickly evaluate and adapt to new technologies
- Have a passion to deliver on-time, quality work and strongly believe in test-driven development
- Design and build services for studio finance platform for forecasting and accounting
- Turn requirements into simple, elegant, optimal solutions
- Architect and build server side platforms using JVM-based languages
- Address complex architectural problems with simple, intuitive design
- Work at all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment and support)
- Deliver on business functionality , while also operating and improving the API infrastructure
- Collaborate effectively with teammates and business partners
- 5+ years of server-side software development experience
- Communication is your strong suit: in code, in email, and face-to-face.
- Experience in building distributed and scalable applications
- Have built software using object-oriented programming languages like Java or Python
- Solid understanding of service oriented architecture and familiarity with microservices architecture
- Experience with Relational Database technologies such as, MySQL, PostgresQL, etc.
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent
Nice to have
- Working knowledge of AWS and experience in deploying cloud based applications
- An understanding of concepts like threading and event-driven asynchronous I/O