Returnship - Software Engineer in Test
- Los Gatos, California
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Netflix is a 16-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
The Studio Finance team is responsible for systems that take an idea from an introductory pitch to streaming to millions of subscribers worldwide. Our company goal is to win those moments of truth when an individual or family is choosing between watching Netflix, playing on their game console, or watching old-fashioned satellite or cable. Our team contributes to this effort by building beautiful, intuitive, and high performance tools that provide added leverage for multiple teams at Netflix. The Studio Finance UI team is looking for a Software Engineer in Test who will help in scaling our testing efforts.
What you'll do
- Develop a strategy for continuous delivery. Partner with engineers cross-functionally to build out a reliable and stable integration environment
- Build effective test cases that are used for manual and automation testing
- Work together with engineers and product owners to identify risks, understand how new features should be tested, and then collaborate on contributing to automated tests
We're looking for a engineer with
- 5+ years experience in testing Restful APIs and frontend UIs as well as excellent knowledge of how web applications work
- Familiar with test runners like Jest or mocha, and testing utilities like chai, Enzyme or React's TestUtils
- Write End-To-End tests in Node.js with any Webdriver-based UI framework, like Puppeteer, WebdriverIO or nightwatch
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse QA and testing techniques