Returnship - Software Engineer - Digital Marketing Infrastructure
- Los Gatos, California
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Netflix is a 16-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
On Jan 6, 2016, Netflix announced the creation of the first global Internet TV network. But our journey has just begun. Our marketing department is tasked with building awareness of Netflix across the globe. The Digital Marketing Infrastructure (DMI) team is building a platform that enables rapid execution of marketing concepts. We partner directly with Netflix Marketing, PR, Social and many other teams within Netflix. Our applications also enable external partner agencies to build trailers and localize them. Our goal is to build applications to enable Netflix Global Marketing teams operate fast and at scale.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software engineer who can innovate at the leading edge of technology building highly scalable digital asset management systems supporting uploads for terabytes of data and millions of files amongst other things.
Why work for the Digital Marketing Infrastructure team?
- We are a small, lean and tightly-knit team.
- We are very agile with a strong focus on innovation and technology.
- We work closely with Netflix Marketing to define, shape and implement our Digital Marketing Infrastructure toolset.
In this role you will ...
- Understand what it takes to launch a Digital Marketing Campaign across the globe for all the Netflix titles.
- Partner with cross-functional technical teams, Product Managers and UX Designers.
- Take full ownership of a product or feature from conception to launch.
- Test the application you write to ensure the highest quality for the product.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent with 5+ years of experience.
- Solid experience with Java technologies.
- Experience building and using RESTful APIs.
- Experience working with SQL and noSQL data stores and Hibernate or other ORM technologies.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills and willingness to pick up new technologies.
- Willingness to collaborate and work with cross-functional teams for api integrations
- Ability to iterate fast to have a quick turnaround time for fast moving customers.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Kotlin
- Prior experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS or Azure or other).
- Experience with Kafka or similar frameworks.