Returnship - Data Engineer - Cloud Infrastructure & Security
- Los Gatos, California
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Netflix is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
Netflix’s cloud infrastructure plays a pivotal role in making the product experience great for its global subscriber base. We are a data-inspired company and we leverage data to make our product and the underlying infrastructure better. The Infrastructure and Security focused data engineering teams, in close partnership with the data science team, enable platform and security software engineers to architect, scale and operate cloud infrastructure in secure, efficient and reliable way.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to partner with our data science, platform, security and privacy engineering teams to build efficient and intelligent systems to secure and strengthen Netflix cloud infrastructure, protect data and perform real time alerting and detection.
What you will do
- Develop subject-matter expertise in the Cloud Infra and Security domain at Netflix and build intelligent data products to support high-availability, reliability, and security objectives of Infra teams.
- Become a trusted partner to the data science, infra and security engineering teams and enable them to make data-inspired decisions to squeeze out more from the Cloud infra.
- Engineer efficient, adaptable and scalable data architecture including data ingestions and access layers to process unstructured big data to build robust data applications.
Who you are
- You have experience in web-scale data / software engineering with expertise in Java, Scala, Python or similar programming languages.
- You have a product mindset and have crystalized vague requirements into flexible data models to deliver sustainable business impact.
- You have engineered scalable data products using big data technologies (Spark, Flink, ElasticSearch, Druid) to help your team get high value out of data investments.
- You communicate effectively, thrive in a vibrant team environment and will collaborate to elevate your team.
At Netflix, we build dream teams to solve real world complex engineering problems and set high expectations from each team member. Our culture is unique and we strive to live by our values, so it's worth learning more about Netflix culture at jobs.netflix.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.