Returnship - Technical Recruiting Researcher
- Los Gatos, California
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Netflix is a 16-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
Growing our teams to meet the demands of our expanding business is critical to Netflix’s success. The Talent Acquisition (TA) team plays a key role to our engineering business partners, as they continue to seek world-class professionals for each and every open position. Netflix is looking for a Technical Researcher to partner with TA team members and Hiring Managers in support of hiring needs within our Engineering organizations.
What Sets Us Apart
One of the most amazing things about working at Netflix is that no one is going to tell you exactly how to do your job, but instead there is space to bring in your own creativity and innovation. In this role you will be in charge of developing and owning the sourcing strategies for identifying the best talent for the engineering teams you support. You will become an expert in different business and industry landscapes which will empower you to creative ideas on how to progress your searches. You will know when there is a need to pivot the search and you will proactively communicate the progress of the search to both the Talent partners and the Hiring Managers you work with.
You will also be responsible for evaluating active and passive candidates to assess which teams would be most appropriate based on their technical skills and assess how well they would thrive in the Netflix culture.
To learn more about recruiting here, you can listen to an episode from our podcast called How We Hire at Netflix.
If You Can…..
- Build strong relationships with both external candidates and internal business partners
- Multitask and meet multiple tight deadlines
- Own projects from end to end with little guidance
- Be proactive, take initiative and follow through
- Be self-motivated and driven; you look for solutions and impact, without being asked twice
If You Have…
- 5+ years of professional experience
- A strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to deeply understand the business and the engineering profiles we hire for within different teams
- Prior experience evaluating Software Engineering roles and functions
- Prior experience as a Software Engineer
- Prior experience sourcing/screening/interviewing experience
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills coupled with a high sense of urgency to schedule prompt phone screens, interviews, etc.
If You Enjoy…
- A natural inclination to work within the Netflix culture which is fast-paced, dynamic, and especially, autonomous
- Working with a team of stunning colleagues
- Bringing creativity and innovation into your work
- Working in an environment with very little process, structure and metrics