Returnship - Backend Software Engineer - Studio Acquisition Engineering
- Los Gatos, California
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Netflix is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
Netflix is reinventing how the world watches television. Over 125 million members around the globe enjoy our award-winning movies and TV shows, but most of our growth still lies ahead. Content Engineering is in hyper-growth phase as Netflix continues to expand content budget. We are excited to bring on a new team member via the returnship program!
About the team
The Studio Acquisition Engineering team develops tools and services that power the Netflix global catalog. We partner with various teams within Netflix to track submissions, help with deal negotiations and capture the rights we acquire which drives what, where, and when content surfaces on the service. Every day, we solve complex problems around scalability and global content and innovate on the tool's, data model, and pipeline that make up our content platform.
You’ll want to work with us if you like:
- To strive to adopt best practices and find opportunities for continuous improvements.
- To implement new features in systems from initial design through delivery.
- To work with users and product management to define what they want, what they need, and what we can deliver.
- Tomorrow’s technology. You are encouraged to use your passion for technology to find new and efficient ways to solve challenges.
We would love to work with you if:
- You are an expert Java programmer and are familiar with the more recent changes to the Java language and its ecosystem of frameworks and build tools.
- You understand the challenges of distributed computing and know how to code for REST APIs, fault tolerance and scalability.
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures.
- You are incremental with your development and take full responsibility for the quality of your code and end-to-end testing.