Returnship - UI Engineer - Content Hub Engineering
- Los Gatos, California
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Netflix is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 137 million memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. Our 2019 content spend will be north of $7 billion and a large part of that is Original content.
Netflix’s Content Hub aims to be the central nervous system for all media workflows related to Netflix Originals. Content Hub is envisioned to help move critical media assets like camera footage, visual effects elements, editorial assets, music, sound and all other ingredients that go into making an Original across various post production stages.
We are looking for a driven and motivated UI engineer to help us build and grow the Content Hub pipeline. In this role you will have the opportunity to apply your skills to build the UI layers for the application. We provide the freedom to execute, learn and pivot, and the responsibility to be self directed, collaborative and insightful.
You can read more about Content Hub here.
- You are a continuous learner who collaborates well with partners and teammates, and willing to seek help.
- You show initiative and pragmatism in your creation of quality user experiences that deliver business value.
- You enjoy to work with users and product management to define what they want, what they need, and what we can deliver
- You have good knowledge about HTML5, JS and CSS and can make the right choices when building responsive UI applications
- You leverage tools that promote modular and component-based architectures
Nice to have (but not required)
- Messaging APIs such as Server-sent Events & WebSockets.
- Web Components
- Exposure to Java based backend systems
- Familiarity with API specifications such as JSONAPI or GraphQL
- Made some open source contributions on GitHub
- Experience in media post production workflows