Returnship - Software Engineer - Graphics / C++
- Los Gatos, California
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Netflix is a 16-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
More than 137 million people in over 190 countries now stream Netflix. Our members can watch on almost any screen, but over 70% choose to watch on a TV device.
Our work drives the evolution of consumer electronics devices, pushing what’s possible in terms of graphics, video, and runtime performance.
Are you eager to create rich graphics experiences?
What to expect
- Build ambitious graphics experiences such as the recent Lost In Space promotion or the Marvel Collection display
- Squeeze out 60 fps and sub-100ms input responsiveness on constrained devices
- Scale rich graphics experiences across as many devices as possible
- Apply your expertise in whichever part of the stack yields the best performance / device reach tradeoff
- We have a unique culture that allows you to do your best work. It’s worth checking out our culture memo to gain a better understanding of how we operate.
Ideal skill set
- You are skilled in multi-threaded C++
- You have built consumer-facing graphics experiences
- You are fluent in one or more graphics technologies such as OpenGL, WebGL, Vulkan, Metal, PSSL, DirectX, etc.
- You collaborate across disciplines and teams to find the best solutions
- You have excellent communication skills and an ability to excel in a dynamic, intellectual, results-driven environment
- You are a strong critical thinker with a balance of analytical and creative skills
Bonus if you have experience in
- Building games or game engines
- Digital video systems
- User Interface frameworks