Manager, Nerds Core
- Los Gatos, California
- Employee Technology
Be part of bringing entertainment joy to our members all over the world! Netflix is on the hunt for an IT helpdesk manager to lead our Nerds Core Support team. A Netflix Nerd is not only an expert in a technical field, but is also a passionate solver of any tech problems that a colleague encounters. Nerds play a critical role providing amazing technical support to thousands of employees around the world, with a focus on enabling productivity. This position will be based out of our Los Gatos office.
As a leader of this team, you are responsible for providing vision and context to a world class 24/7 remote support team. The Nerds Core Support team resolves and dispatch technology issues and requests that can come in via tickets, email, chat, video hangouts, phone calls, and automated alerts. Your team is responsible for a multitude of operational tasks such as supporting cloud applications, remote troubleshooting, password resets, access requests, provisioning/deprovisioning accounts, dispatching, along with training on applications and security practices, and documentation. You and your team are experts in all our internal and production office technologies and must ensure Netflix employees stay highly productive in the most secure environment possible with great customer satisfaction.
As the leader of this group, you’ll set and execute on a vision built on our employee technology principles of simplicity, security, scalability, and service. You will work with cross functional support teams to align, provide context, and fulfill user requests. You will be responsible for successfully scaling the Nerds Core Support team while continuing to deliver a stellar experience to all of our employees and contingent workforce.
- B.S. in a technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years in an IT, Helpdesk or Desktop Support role
- 3+ years experience leading a technical team
- Expert at balancing efficiency and quality success metrics of an IT helpdesk operation
- Experience supporting Cloud and SaaS Applications with a strong preference for Google G Suite experience
- In depth knowledge of and the ability to perform advanced troubleshooting on Mac OS, Chrome OS, Windows 7, 8 & 10, Linux, and various applications including Office and Adobe suites
- Lead the development of the Nerds Core team to best support the technology needs of our global employee base
- Navigate roadblocks for the team using great judgment to deliver an amazing tech support experience
- Constantly innovating to improve the employee self service experience (i.e. development of self service tools, education, and intranet/knowledgebase)
- Partner with cross-functional teams such as information security, facilities, and network engineering to deliver shared initiatives
- Work with teams across the organization to understand/solve the technical challenges and needs of their respective groups
- Write articulate memos to socialize and get feedback on new ideas, proposed tests, and to gain broader alignment on key tech support decisions