Senior iOS Engineer
- Los Gatos, California
- UI Engineering
On the iOS UI team, we are passionate about delivering ✨joy✨to millions of people worldwide, whether they’re on a flight to a remote location or at home with family. We work on mobile product innovations that connect Netflix members to the stories they love. Some of these have included Movie and TV category filters that let you discover great content in new genres and Smart Downloads to automatically manage downloaded TV series.
Our responsibilities include implementing large-scale A/B tests of features ranging from highly visible product experiences to core infrastructure that enables existing and future innovations. We care deeply about UI performance, quality, and accessibility of the Netflix app. In order to bring new kinds of engaging and cinematic experiences to life, we partner closely with product managers, designers, creative producers, as well as a number of other engineering teams.
People who excel on our team are consumer product-oriented, intensely curious, and selfless. We are part of a global, diverse organization that includes people of all genders, sexual orientation, parents, self-taught or formally educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds. We encourage anyone who is passionate about building compelling mobile experiences that touch audiences around the world to apply.
About the Role
- Develop A/B testable features with UIKit, Core Animation, and other Apple frameworks in Objective-C and Swift.
- Create scalable, modular, extensible, and highly performant custom UI components that are leveraged by engineers on a variety of teams.
- Apply pragmatic application architecture, design patterns, and holistic understanding of client-server interactions to drive deeply impactful technical decisions.
- Refine or define hypotheses with our stakeholders in a data-driven approach that informs product strategy and innovations.
- Enable and ship complex product experiences with exceptional quality on a regular, rapid cadence.
What Sets You Apart
- Curious about a broad range of new or unfamiliar technologies, our consumer base, and product vision.
- Always seeking different perspectives, feedback, and relevant information to comfortably navigate ambiguity.
- Effective at establishing strong relationships with cross-functional teams through clear communication.
- Taking a thoughtful, practical approach to problem solving that considers tradeoffs and avoids over-engineering.
- Endeavors to elevate the knowledge, skills, abilities of yourself and others that is conducive to fostering an inclusive, collaborative environment.
Meet the Team
Listen to our inaugural episode of the WeAreNetflix Podcast, as well as guest appearances on other shows!
Watch conference talks and Netflix Hack Day videos featuring members of our team!
Share this listing:
Share this listing: