Coordinator, Creative, Anime
- Tokyo, Japan
We are seeking for an experienced Coordinator for our Anime Creative team. The Anime Creative team based in Tokyo is responsible for anime content acquisitions, original productions and programming for Netflix globally, including the Japan service.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 130 million paid memberships in over 190 countries. With an aggressive move into anime original production, it's a great time to join Netflix and bring a powerful global platform to the anime industry’s top creators.
As a key member of the global anime content team, you will be a passionate advocate for the Anime initiative amongst internal stakeholders in operations, marketing, legal both in Tokyo, Los Angeles and other offices. You will be involved in the creative process for anime programming on the Netflix service for originals, co-productions to licensed titles both in Japan and ex-Japan. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities, with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail. This is a demanding and fast-paced role with growth potential that requires curiosity and significant initiative. S/he will report to the Chief Producer of Anime. The position is located in Tokyo, Japan.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- This role will help carry projects from a creative perspective from pitch / development through to final delivery assisting creative executives.
- Work closely with creative executives and external creative team to develop projects and assess for long-term viability.
- Track and evaluate all incoming material (including pitches, spec scripts, books, etc) and provide recommendations for live action and animation.
- Managing the process and flow of content submission.
- Interfacing with prospective anime content partners.
- Acting as a liaison with various departments (Content Ops, Marketing, PR, Legal, Product) to coordinate information sharing and address incoming requests.
- Tracking title schedules and key dates for delivery, payments, start dates, options, etc.
- Conducting market and competitive research.
- Maintaining flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary or assigned.
- Increase the team's operational efficiency.
- Demonstrates good judgment and strong critical thinking skills.
- Proven communication skills; must be articulate and professional both in written and verbal form.
- Proficient in English and Japanese in a fast-paced business discussion environment
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines.
- Team-player who demonstrates the ability to work cross-functionally and in a fast paced team-oriented setting
- Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
- Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
- Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
- Solid experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required, Mac OS and Google Suites a plus.
- Highly collaborative, resourceful, quick thinking, curious with great calm and a good sense of humor.
- Strong desire to be a part of the TV and film industry with a particular focus on changing and innovating the global anime industry