Content Designer, Messaging
- Los Gatos, California
- product design
Netflix is seeking a Content Designer (Copywriter, Content Strategist, UX Writer, Product Writer) who combines creative leadership and communication with a passion for entertainment and user experience design.
The Role: You’ll collaborate with cross-functional teams to extend our product experience. You’ll be testing new ideas and approaches to messaging that attract new Netflix members, delight existing ones, and create business value.
The Team: You’ll join a small, collaborative group of Content Designers who work side-by-side with Product Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and Analysts. Importantly, you’ll work closely with our Globalization team so our product is amazing for all our members around the world.
- You’ll provide both strategic direction and hands-on writing.
- You are a storyteller at heart who can craft and orchestrate cohesive narratives across all our channels — in-product, on TV, in emails, and notifications.
- You understand that voice is key to people connecting to and forming relationships with a product.
- You love a no-holds-barred brainstorm as much as an expertly organized test plan. You know how and when to switch gears between big, fanciful ideas and practical, effective execution.
- You have deep knowledge of messaging channels, and can think through design implications for different message types, audiences, and scenarios.
- You possess a keen sense of empathy for the entertainment audience, and a burning curiosity about where the industry is headed.
- You think about personal and public entertainment in many dimensions and can articulate various approaches to presenting new content experiences.
- You communicate productively with visual thinkers and will be comfortable advocating for your point of view in our candid, feedback-driven culture.
- You think deeply about the intersection of human behavior and language, and you obsess over how brands might build rich and meaningful relationships with the audiences they serve.
- You will work on several projects at once, providing concepting, content strategy and writing from early ideation through final execution.
- You will initiate your own innovation projects and identify opportunities to join existing projects to elevate the quality of their communications.
- You will provide leadership and drive teams toward creative solutions.
- Relevant writing experience: consumer-focused copywriting, entertainment journalism, short-form digital, script writing, UX writing
- Exceptional English writing and editing ability
- Experience with A/B testing preferred
- Experience working in a product design or UX team
- Demonstrable creativity
- Analytical thinking about customer journeys and content flows
- Outstanding communication, presentation and people skills
- Highly collaborative and self-directed
- Mastery of AP style and the confidence to know when to break the rules
- Experience partnering with design teams
- Experience working with global brands
- Proficiency in languages other than English is a plus
The Role: This is a full-time salaried role located in our Los Gatos office, reporting to the Content Design Manager in the Experience Design (XD) team.