Senior Accountant - APAC
- Singapore, Singapore
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 130 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Visit our culture description and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
We’re looking for someone with a strong finance background that can assist with managing our reporting and compliance obligations throughout the APAC region, including:
- Statutory reporting: Coordinate external audits, prepare statutory financial statements, filings and disclosures for various APAC entities
- Tax compliance: Assist with income tax, withholding tax and GST compliance, including review of accruals and invoices, tracking and reporting of taxes, arrangement of payments to the tax authorities, etc.
- Month-end accounting close: Prepare and post of journal entries and performing account reconciliations.
- Projects: Drive process and efficiency improvements for the systems
We want someone who is:
- A self-starter, who is able to work effectively, autonomously and drive projects
- A great communicator that can build strong working relationships with external advisors and internal teams
- Accustomed to multitasking, prioritising and meeting multiple tight deadlines
- Proactive and innovative
- Curious and enthusiastic, that’s not afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo
- Highly accurate and detail-oriented
- Flexible to collaborate with our US and International offices across multiple timezones.
Education and Experience
- 7+ years of relevant experience. A combination of public accounting experience and commercial experience is preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS, and local GAAP in the APAC region
- Experience working with accounting and tax requirements in Japan, Korea, ANZ, Taiwan, China and other APAC countries
- Advanced Excel experience with the ability to navigate large data sets
- Proven project management experience and demonstrated ability to drive process improvements
- Experience in the entertainment / tech industry is a plus
- Experience with Workday Financials or other cloud based ERP systems is a plus
- Mature, responsible, driven and able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Degree in Finance or Accounting - CA/CPA qualified
- Fluent in English; other regional languages are helpful