Director, Marketing - SoLA
- Alphaville, Brazil
With 130 million streaming members worldwide, Netflix has been on the leading edge of a deep transformation in the entertainment business. Powered by a work culture focused on high performance and continuous improvement, the company is the world’s biggest Internet television network, present in 190 countries.
This global success came in the wake of systematic investments in multiple international markets, ultimately transforming Netflix into a lovebrand and a vigorous business outside the United States. In this trajectory, Latin America - initially because of Mexico and Brazil - stood out as one of the most promising regions for our long term global expansion plans. As our presence in these two core markets consolidated, we started investing more in two new regional subdivisions: NoLA (North of LatAm, having Colombia as a country of focus) and SoLA (South of LatAm, having Argentina, Chile and Peru as key markets).
Managed out of our South America hub in Alphaville (state of São Paulo, Brazil), the SoLA subregion is now supported by an expanding cross-functional team. Aiming at building a strong, independent structure, enabled with talent and seniority density to keep Netflix winning, we are now looking for a Director to oversee Marketing in the subregion.
This Director will manage a growing Marketing team fully dedicated to Argentina, Chile and Peru, elaborating country specific strategies for each of these three distinct markets. We seek to hire an experienced professional and inspiring leader who can bring sharp, sophisticated thinking to the team while elevating executional excellence both internally (presentations, memos, cross-functional collaboration) and externally (campaigns, creative assets).
More specifically, we are searching for:
Experience & Skills
- History of leadership. We'd like to see evidence of serving as a key decision maker in a senior marketing role. Someone who felt challenged and energized by the deep transformations these segments went through in the last decade.
- An independent thinker capable of self-motivating and self-managing, thriving with the level of freedom we offer our employees. Someone open to connect autonomously with a vast network of collaborators seeking to understand how Marketing can holistically impact our business.
- Someone versed in integrated Marketing and Communication tactics, trained in bringing digital (with emphasis in programmatic and social media platforms) and offline media together to create powerful campaigns. An idea oriented mind who can leverage powerful cultural insights to produce earned media results as the basis of our communication efforts.
- An entertainment fan who understands the power of content to transform behaviors and influence pop culture.
- An innovation driven mind in continuous search for new ways to get consumers engaged and execute disruptive world class communication projects. Someone curious to leverage Netflix's testing capabilities and vast data sources to craft powerful strategies and creative platforms.
- Someone experienced in agency/brand relationships building, capable of shaping productive long term relations with external partners by providing continuous feedback.
- An articulate communicator in speech and writing, having Spanish and English as mandatory languages (Portuguese is desired, but not a must). This Director is expected to represent SoLA in executive forums, providing broad visibility of key aspects of our business company wide.
- Country marketing strategy. You will set the marketing strategy for the SoLa markets each quarter in conjunction with your marketing peers.
- Entertainment marketing/social campaigns. You will lead and launch unique campaigns for our Netflix originals and any other high profile content in the SoLa region;
- Cross-functional Integration. You will serve as a key voice in assuring marketing, PR, and brand & editorial are speaking with one voice.
- Culture building. You will be a strong Culture player who can help us propagate and nurture our company values among the growing SoLA team.
- Inspiring leadership: you will lead by example in alignment with our principles of Freedom and Responsibility and Context, not Control, giving individual collaborators the space and support to thrive at Netflix.