Senior Software Engineer - Test Strategy Embedded Systems
- Los Gatos, California
The Test Strategy and Content team is focused on helping engineers around the world design and deploy Netflix capabilities quickly, with the highest levels of quality. We do this by deploying, and operating tools and technologies that allow engineers to rapidly bring the Netflix experience to new platforms and architectures like smart TVs, set-top boxes, and streaming sticks in a way that brings joy to our viewers. The results of our work can be seen on hundreds of millions of devices worldwide… and that number is growing every day.
The tests and strategies created by this team will be used by TV and multimedia device manufacturers around the world. We are looking for a software engineer with a strong quality assurance and development background and a deep knowledge in embedded systems. You must be passionate about developing tools and tests to improve the productivity of developers testing across multiple devices.
What you will do:
- Develop strategies and tests to support new features in Netflix APK/SDK releases
- Develop techniques to automate manual testing (Electric Eye is an example of this)
- Lead the team to apply software development best practices and release high quality code to production
- Develop, gather, and publish key metrics to determine the health and consistency of the tests. Utilize these metrics to drive improvements into the tools and tests to enable partners to be more efficient in their Netflix integration cycle
- Operate in a highly cross-functional environment where you can leverage multiple teams to help our partners be successful
What you need to have:
- Bachelor or Masters in CS or equivalent engineering experience
- 7+ years of experience in a software development quality assurance role
- Deep knowledge in software development on embedded systems
- Strong background in audio/video streaming technology
- Past experience in directly interacting with partners or clients
- Excellent communication skills
- Continuous integration / build management tools experience a plus.
- Knowledge of networking standards and protocols.
- Working knowledge in a Linux environment
Share this listing:
Share this listing: