Solutions Engineering Manager - Platform Engineering
- Los Angeles, California
- Cloud and Platform Engineering
At Netflix, scaling to connect 100+ million people in 190 countries with great movies and TV series requires not only amazing content but also strategic partnerships and product integrations that make it easy to access and enjoy Netflix. We tackle many hard problems that others struggle to solve and need a leader who can shape these experiences and the future of entertainment globally. Physical Production at Netflix applies the principles of the SDLC to take Netflix movies and series from script to screen.
Platform Engineering, a centralized infrastructure team, is looking for an experienced technologist to empower our Physical Production stakeholders solve business challenges with cloud solutions.
Want to be a critical part of innovating Physical Production infrastructure? Dreaming of joining a high-caliber team? Excited about building out a small team to achieve massive scale? Wanting to raise the bar in all things infrastructure? If so, consider joining our new Platform Engineering team in Los Angeles.
Our ideal candidate is a self starter that’s interested in shaping the direction, strategy, and success of Physical Production Infrastructure at Netflix. As a bridge between Platform Engineering and Physical Production, this role will be a representative of Platform Engineering and act as a trusted advisor to our Physical Production stakeholders. The Solutions Engineering Manager will partner with Product, Engineering, and cross functional Infrastructure teams to ensure success of our cutting edge Physical Productions.
- Evaluate related technologies offered by Netflix Platform teams and determine which of them can be leveraged to deliver new services, offer monitoring, automatic metrics collection, automatic repair of systems, and any other technical needs that improve the productivity, reliability, and security of these systems
- Proactively identify architectural scale and recommend appropriate solutions
- Proactively identify opportunities for product enhancement
- Manage, coach, mentor and as needed hire Solution Engineers to serve as trusted technical advisors for the adoption of our platforms in Physical Production
- Represent the voice of Physical Production to Platform Engineering
- Produce and validate reference architectures and customer adoption for Netflix Infrastructure components
- Advocate best-practice knowledge from engineering and Physical Production and share reference architectures and patterns amongst the community
- Consult on best practices and core components that improve availability, resiliency and performance of the services and products created to power the Netflix Studio
- Serve as a mentor on technical, architectural, design and related issues
- 7+ years of relevant management or leadership experience in a consultative role
- Extensive experience in the SDLC, in particular with applications servers, infrastructure provisioning tools (Docker, Puppet), programming languages (Java, Node.js, Python), storage (both structured and unstructured) and metrics
- Demonstrated success in at least a few of these areas: building enterprise-class SaaS applications, hosting on AWS, CI/CD (EG: Spinnaker)
- History of leading multiple concurrent projects and performing in a variety of different roles in the software development life cycle
- Willingness and demonstrated ability to be hands on and close to the technology
- Demonstrated ability to share and communicate ideas to executive staff, business sponsors, technical resources and other key constituents in clear, concise language
- This position is based in Los Angeles and may require up to 50% travel to Los Gatos