Director, Product Creative - APAC
- Singapore, Singapore
- Product Creative
Interested in leading and building a world class, first-of-its-kind team of creative producers across Asia? This is your chance to set the stage for Netflix in Asia and help transform how Asian titles are presented to and perceived by millions of members across 190 countries.
The Product Creative Producer team partners with content creators and distributors to define how their content is creatively represented on Netflix. The team also works as a centralized hub within Netflix to define the creative strategy of titles on service, working closely with internal creative teams and agencies. At its core, the producer role is grounded in creative with a strong understanding of how the Netflix product works. Our purpose is to create the most compelling discovery experience through artwork, video, and copy to connect our millions of global subscribers to the content they love.
We are looking for a director in Singapore who can work to develop a business strategy around the producer role in the various markets in Asia. This director will also partner cross-functionally with the leadership in Singapore to provide a voice for product and help outline what is necessary for Netflix success in Asia.
At Netflix, we have an insatiable need to continually improve our product experience and the creative elements that support it. It's an exciting time to join!
This role is based in our Singapore office and will require frequent travel throughout Asia and to our Los Angeles and Los Gatos, California offices.
This role is unique. So is the right candidate. You are an avid user of both right and left brain thinking to push the bounds of creativity and scalability.
You will build and manage a team of creative producers and a manager in our APAC and Los Angeles offices who drive the acquisition and design of all creative elements for both licensed and original branded Asian content on our service. You’ll create strong partnerships and collaborate across APAC Marketing, APAC Content Acquisitions and Product to bring our subscribers a unique and unparalleled internet TV experience.
- Continually evolve the team's vision and strategy as we both learn from and grow our content in the APAC region. Success at Netflix is a moving target and it is important to be able to pivot and move when market needs change.
- Relentlessly focus on hiring outstanding employees, growing your team as their business impact grows, and developing strong networks of talented people to pull from.
- Look for ways to build thoughtful systems and approaches across the APAC team to improve and streamline workflows.
- Being a Director at Netflix is about working to improve the day-to-day of your team and making sure your team can be as effective as possible in their roles. As a result, it’s critical that this role is capable of “clearing the road” for the team, constantly looking for ways to make their jobs easier by improving cross-functional relationships, identifying gaps/issues with workflows, etc.
- Communicate the value and purpose of the GPC team in APAC to various cross-functional partners and outside partners, as necessary.
- As product is primarily housed in Los Gatos, this role will sometimes act as the only voice of product in region and it is critical that this team is up to speed on what’s changing or testing on product to help educate and inform partner teams in market.
The Right Stuff
- 12+ years of experience building, managing, and evolving an operational and/or creative team.
- International experience working in or with the APAC region. Awareness of global/local content trends within the market is a plus.
- Ability to partner with cross-functional to provide a high-level strategy for success in market.
- Proven ability to build strong cross functional relationships with both technical and creative partners.
- Must be capable and conversant in all aspects of a digital creative and have a baseline understanding of image, video and text production workflows.
- Willingness and ability to travel and work offset hours to better align with our global office time zones as the business needs require.
- Effective at giving honest and direct feedback and building team members for the future.
- Having great interpersonal skills and being a tenacious leader are a must. You have to be someone we want to work with.
- Understand, advocate, and embody the company’s values and team goals.
Netflix is the world's leading Internet television network with members enjoying more than 140 million hours of TV shows and movies each day.