Japan Market Development Manager, Netflix Gift Card Program
- Tokyo, Japan
- Business Development
About the role…
Netflix is revolutionizing entertainment. We connect people with movies, and TV shows globally by delivering outstanding content and technological innovation. The Netflix Gift Card team is looking for a market development manager for Japan. The Netflix Gift Card exists to make it easy for our members to enjoy the service with a focus on reaching members who prefer to use cash to pay for their Netflix subscription. You will be the Japan region lead for the program and the main contact for Netflix teams, key retailers, and team closely with our vendor partners in Japan. You will lead expansion efforts to new countries in your region. You’ll develop and implement strategy for Japan that address the regional nuances that will allow us to effectively reach our members.
The ideal candidate is comfortable rolling up their sleeves to get amazing work done, and can easily switch contexts and and provide strategic direction for the program.
• Experienced and accomplished leader in the pre-paid, gift card or retail industry
• Passionate about serving Netflix customers and growing the business
• Results-oriented and motivated to build strong partnerships in order to exceed program goals
What you’ll do…
- Manage the vendor and retailer relationships in region to increase the sales and adoption of the Netflix Gift Card as a way for our members who prefer to use cash, to pay for Netflix.
- Partner with regional Netflix and external teams to share context to maximize the effectiveness of the program.
- Develop and drive regional strategy of the program by leveraging data-driven analysis and consumer insights.
- Succinctly articulate and write strategies, plans, status or any other communications with team members and vendor partners.
- Analyze insight data across retailers, products, promotions and other variables to optimize store compliance, performance and product assortment mix.
- Contribute to key product and marketing decisions impacting sales and subscriber growth.
- 5+ years of relevant retail, gift card, sales and/or marketing experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree is a plus).
- Big brand experience within a technology, entertainment, consumer or lifestyle. products corporation.
- Experience working with teams in international markets.
- Proven experience identifying customer needs, and inventing new ways to meet those needs.
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, with a track record of using hard data and metrics to make business decisions and evaluate results.
- Ability to balance a sense of urgency in driving execution, with a thoughtful targeted approach.
- Successful experience partnering and influencing both internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent people management skills with a proven ability to inspire and motivate cross functional teams to work together as a cohesive and highly productive unit.
- Fluency in Japanese and English (writing and speaking) is required.