Senior Data Scientist, Customer Experience
- Los Gatos, California
- Data Science and Engineering
Netflix is a global leader in entertainment with over 130 million members in 190 countries. While we are making great strides in becoming the biggest and most data-driven studio the world has ever seen, we are also continuously innovating our ways to promote better customer experience. Customer Service (CS) is one of the few verticals in which we directly collect customer feedbacks across the globe (via phone, chat and social media). Using data from a global network of call centers, extensive self-help articles we solve customer problems and aim to improve our product experience before problems arise.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Data Scientist that will help bring our customer experience to the next level. You will be
- Leveraging NLP to uncover deeper consumer insights from phone contacts, live chat, and social media interactions to inform product initiatives in improving the customer experience.
- Building machine learning models to optimize our customer support process and personalize our customer’s self-help experience.
- Working with a diverse set of stakeholders across operation and product, serving as a strategic partner to define high impact analytical problems and find innovative ways to solve these problems via data, machine learning solutions and experimentation.
- Partnering with other research scientists on solving a broader set of NLP challenges across Netflix.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, or related quantitative field
- Solid experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP). Strong fundamental knowledge of regression, decision trees, pattern recognition, probability theory, neural networks.
- Expert in Python, or another scripting language (R, Perl); command line usage
- Extensive experience with SQL
- Experience working directly with cross-functional teams such as executive leadership, operations, product management, and technology.
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and presentation skills
- Experience in causal inference is a strong plus
- Fluency in a foreign language a strong plus
Share this listing:
Share this listing: