Legal Coordinator - International Originals, Business & Legal Affairs (India)
- Mumbai, India
With over 130 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it is an exciting time to work at Netflix. Our international efforts have brought Netflix to virtually all countries around the globe and we are excited to bring even more of our Originals programming to our viewers everywhere.
Netflix is just getting started in India and, as part of the initial Mumbai-based team, you will help define the Netflix brand and shape the future of entertainment in an environment where collaboration between legal and business thrives. In 2018, Netflix will invest $8 billion in content globally and we’ll continue to focus on investment in original content in India. The Mumbai team will have the opportunity to grow India into one of Netflix’s leading markets.
Netflix seeks an experienced Coordinator who will provide support to the growing Business & Legal Affairs team. The successful candidate will have some prior experience in a business affairs and/or legal setting. They will be highly-organized, self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to juggle multiple responsibilities on a large portfolio of international productions with an unwavering attention to detail. This is a demanding and fast-paced role that requires curiosity and significant initiative.
This is an opportunity to be part of a public company with a great consumer brand and to help Netflix shape the future of entertainment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contract administration, including contract execution, filing, and database management
- Creating, updating and tracking spreadsheets with deal terms, options, and credits
- Managing, maintaining, and updating all forms as well as various dashboards and document management systems
- Conducting legal and territory-specific research
- Basic contract preparation for ATL and BTL production and licensing agreements, under the supervision of counsel
- Working cross functionally to maintain alignment and facilitate communication between departments
- Maintaining flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary
- Increasing team operational efficiency
- BA/BS required; Law degree or paralegal certificate a plus.
- At least 3 years of related work experience (television, film) is required.
- Demonstrated good judgment and strong critical thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively coordinate between cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight schedules in a very fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented.
- Ability to respond positively to change and be respective of new ideas.
- High level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines.
- Proven track record of improving team organization and efficiency.
- Proficiency with Google Suite.
- Research experience a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of the international television landscape is a plus but not required.
- Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
- Ability to embrace and advocate for cultural diversity.