Senior Software Engineer, Distributed Systems - Data Platform Insights
- Los Gatos, California
- Infrastructure and Tooling
Netflix is the leading online video subscription service, reaching over 125 million households across the globe. Netflix became well known as a data driven company for our personalized recommendations, but our use of data doesn't stop there. From testing new features for the service to measuring performance across many devices to making wise choices about content, we use our petabytes of data to move the business forward. To do that we have built a big data platform that, along with the rest of our infrastructure, is the cloud native and will continue to grow with our global expansion agenda.
Engineers and data scientists across the company use the data platform to do interesting and impactful analysis allowing Netflix to continue to innovate. We have a team whose sole focus is to build tools and services to improve the reliability of the data platform. Here is a vision of this team.
As a member of the team, you will -
- Develop and deploy software that will help drive improvements towards the reliability, availability, performance and efficiency of Netflix’s services.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to surface common pain points, develop solutions, and evangelize best practices.
- Develop tools and services to automate and build tools to enhance the user experience via intelligent error analysis, SLA monitoring and overall platform reliability
- Partner with various engineering teams to transform concepts and requirements into services and tools.
This may be your dream job if some of the following applies to you:
- Strong engineering background with ability to design software systems ground up
- Demonstrated experience working with complex data systems
- Familiarity working with large scale distributed systems
- Ability to analyse and design systems with automation first mentality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Prior experience working with open source technologies like Jupyter, Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Spark etc.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure is a plus
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field
Technologies we use:
- Java for developing webservices and distributed applications
- Python for tooling and automation
- Docker for containerization
- Jupyter and Zeppelin for providing development and analysis platforms
- AWS cloud for execution
- Variety of open source tools and technologies including ones built by Netflix
Share this listing:
Share this listing: