Events Manager, Originals Publicity - Japan
- Tokyo, Japan
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 125 million streaming members in over 190 countries. This is a great opportunity to join the team that is spearheading and handling publicity campaigns for the largest Internet entertainment network in the world, with a chance to work on content that features high production value from the brightest filmmakers and actors around the world, using the latest technology.
The Events Manager of Originals Publicity, Japan will be based in Tokyo and work as part of the publicity team to formulate and implement strategy for Japan for a growing slate of Netflix Original content. It’s the chance to be part of changing the entertainment landscape across the globe and to seize the opportunity to take different approaches in managing and executing promotional and publicity campaigns.
This role reports to Director of Publicity - Japan.
The successful candidate will play a key role in developing, executing and managing the events strategy for the publicity team and key stakeholders. They are a member of a small, seasoned group of professionals, who are based in our Japan office.
They will independently formulate, and drive creative and executable events, communicate priorities and present clear goals to stakeholders. The ideal candidate will use sound judgement to make wise decisions, think strategically and drive their colleagues to do the same.
The ideal candidate has worked handling events for film, TV or entertainment brands. If they have experience working in film or television awards campaigns, that is a bonus.
They are organized, thorough and strategic, but not afraid to get into the details - handling tasks that range from hiring an agency to plan an event, to maintaining and updating guest lists, to booking a venue themselves for an event or to working a check-in table. Strong candidates can handle a vast amount of work and they are eager to learn. They can formulate and manage a budget, and give visibility into their process successfully. They are curious and also contribute effectively outside of their speciality. A good fit in the role has a candid and direct communication style, they are willing to admit to mistakes quickly and questions values inconsistent with our values.
The successful candidate will have 8-10 years of entertainment experience organizing, planning, executing and staffing events at an agency, studio, network or with a brand. Fluency in both English and Japanese is required. Experience managing a team would be preferable.
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
- The ability to think innovatively - connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts
- Succinct Communicator. Great writer and clear talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately
- Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties
- Pragmatic, organized and detailed. Has a big capacity to both think and ‘do’. Flourishes in a ‘hands on’ role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized
- A smart minimalist. Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that
- Has a Point of View. An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view
- Pace moves at a nice clip and enjoys having multiple projects going at once
- Can change course, be scrappy and get things done within short timeframes
- Integrity. Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values
- An Adult. Is a mature, fully-formed adult with a happy, well balanced life. Is motivated by what is best for Netflix
- A strong belief in our culture. We live by our values, so it's worth learning more about them at jobs.netflix.com/culture.