Security Manager, India
- Mumbai, India
Netflix is the world’s leading internet television network and is currently growing its regional presence throughout Asia. With more than 130 million subscribers in over 190 countries enjoying TV across a wide variety of genres and language, it’s an exciting time to work at Netflix.
The newly created Security Manager role will be key in supporting all security requirements across a growing office in Mumbai. We are looking for an experienced, talented and passionate security professional to join our team. The role will require you to closely partner and embed yourself cross-functionally across various teams to understand their unique security needs. You will foster collaborative relationships with your peers and understand and represent the relevant security requirements. You will be empowered to make things happen and have a natural inclination to work within a high performance culture that is fast paced, dynamic and self-directed. The Security Manager role will report into the Regional Security Manager based in Singapore.
More about the role
- Develop and implement security plans and initiatives to reduce risk by ensuring security support remains balanced and commensurate to prevailing threats
- Identify significant security risks in order to design and implement strategies and programs to safeguard employees
- Prevent and reduce any potential loss to the company’s core business, assets, information and reputation
- Deploys state-of-the-art and innovative security solutions to day to day requirements.
- Brief senior and executive management on the status of local security threats and risks
- Develop and foster strong relationships with law-enforcement, intelligence and corporate security networks
- Conduct due diligence activities with external vendors to ensure business risk exposure remains limited, is managed and reduced
- Remain abreast of the local security environment and has the ability to identify emerging security trends that might impact the company
- Provide direct support to the business during incident response or crisis management
- Support security requirements for specialist events staff during public facing engagements to ensure commensurate levels of security coverage are in place
- Support local production activity on the ground by conducting due diligence, risk analysis and make subsequent security recommendations
- Support Studio Content Security in their regional efforts to minimise risk to our pre-launch creative content
More about you
- A security professional with 7 years plus security management experience in the local corporate setting who is able to keep what is best for Netflix, front and centre.
- Previous experience in either the corporate, military or law enforcement sectors
- Self-directed; unambiguously able to own and drive your work, and to take advantage of the autonomy Netflix allows
- Thrives in a fast-paced, quickly-changing environment and is able to think spontaneously to resolve unique staff and business critical issues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects locally
- Knowledge of risk assessment techniques
- Highly ethical with an ability to handle sensitive / confidential information
- Ability to manage and develop a multi-vendor / consultant network
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Hindi language skills are also preferred.