Senior Software Engineer - Content Promotion Personalization
- Los Gatos, California
- Product Engineering
At Netflix, we strive to delight our members with high quality movies and TV shows that are personalized to each of our 135+ million subscribers' unique tastes and preferences. Since 2013, we've been at a scale where we can economically create original content for Netflix and our offering has grown as we gain further scale and success. With each original, we learn more about what our members want, about how to produce and promote effectively, and about the positive impact of originals on our brand. The Promotion Personalization team is responsible for building recommendation systems that help deliver this personalized experience to subscribers around the world.
Our team's mission is to connect global audiences to great storytelling.
We are looking for a senior engineer with experience building distributed systems and scalable infrastructure. You will design, code and lead innovation projects to recommend a growing slate of Netflix content on top of the Netflix homepage, in messaging and marketing campaigns. Principled in a data driven approach and A/B testing, you'll collaborate with machine learning engineers and product managers to drive algorithm innovations. You will build highly resilient, performant and scalable systems to run complex recommendation algorithms.
Here are some examples of the types of things we work on:
• Design & develop the next generation of recommendation systems promoting new content and IP to Netflix members
• Build large-scale computation infrastructure for producing targeting and predictions.
• Innovate on personalization algorithm through A/B testing
• Provide accessibility to scores for clients like Homepage, Consumer Science, Marketing & Messaging
• Construct dashboards visualization that provides insights & interpretation of data
We look to hire top technical talent, but also look for people who thrive in a culture based on freedom and responsibility, high performance, and context not control. Your colleagues will be the world-class engineers. You will have just enough process to get things done and the ownership to make a meaningful difference. You can read more about our culture here.
We're looking for someone who has most of the following and is willing to learn the rest on the job as needed:
Need to Have
• 5+ years of experience with hands-on server side development
• Expertise in JVM based languages (Java, Scala)
• Experience with concurrent programming, data structures & OO
• Strong verbal and written communication
• Excel in fast-paced & dynamic environment
• Experience in delivering large-scale systems
Nice to Have
• Proficiency in SQL or a SQL-like language
• Experience in developing tools and infrastructure
• Experience in Distributed systems
• Experience to AWS cloud computing
• Exposure to Hadoop technologies like Hive & Spark
• Exposure to A/B Testing methodology
• Exposure to machine learning & statistics
Share this listing:
Share this listing: