Manager, Trade Operations & Compliance (LATAM)
- Alphaville, Brazil
With over 130 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it's an exciting time to join Netflix. We are seeking an experienced trade compliance professional to join our growing Regulatory Compliance team. In this role you will help develop and manage our trade operations and compliance functions for Latin America (LATAM). You will work closely with our freight forwarders, customs brokers, third party logistics and warehouse providers, manufacturers, tax, legal, marketing, studio operations, and logistics operations teams to support Netflix’s imports and exports and ensure they are compliant with the applicable laws.
As a successful candidate, you are a highly motivated individual who works comfortably and autonomously in a fast-paced environment. You have a demonstrated ability to manage priorities and thrive in an environment that values practicality and efficiency over process, and know how to work with organizations that create compliance initiatives that are consistent with Netflix’s culture and business priorities. Check out our culture and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
- Guide and support partners and business functions related to logistics and cross-border transactions between LATAM countries and the rest of the world.
- Create, implement, and train stakeholders on best practices and global trade management tools for facilitating imports and exports compliantly and efficiently within LATAM.
- Ensure all activities and documents related to Brazil imports, such as commercial invoicing, packing lists, weight/dimension verification, Nota Fiscal, tax/customs payment, freight/express carrier invoice verification are accurate, compliant with applicable rules and regulations
- Train internal stakeholders on best practices in trade operations and compliance. Maintain customs and shipping records in our central shipping and compliance portal.
- Manage relationships with customs brokers; implement audits and KPIs in collaboration with the broader trade compliance team, finance, and outside accounting firm to ensure customs compliance and timely invoice issuance and registrations.
- Ensure accurate NCM and HTS classifications are determined for all commodities that are imported and exported in the LATAM region.
- Recognize and interpret operational trends, make recommendations and implement innovative solutions to address procedural gaps and streamline various logistical and compliance workflows.
- Assist internal Netflix stakeholders with collection of customs documents and information for government inquiries.
- English fluency required, Spanish fluency a plus.
- 3+ years related LATAM logistics experience; degree or equivalent experience in related discipline.
- 5+ years related LATAM trade compliance experience; degree or equivalent experience in related discipline.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of NCM, Brazilian customs paperwork and procedures, Nota Fiscal issuance, and basic Brazilian import taxation.
- Experience with exporting and importing any of the following: IT equipment, apparel and accessories, studio production technology, and trade show items.
- Project management and ability to successfully perform under tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge of general business management and inventory software programs.