- Los Angeles, California
Netflix has changed the way the world consumes entertainment and has become the world’s leading Internet TV network, with over 130 million global members in over 190 countries. At Netflix, our Talent Acquisition (TA) team is focused on identifying, recruiting, and hiring the best talent for our company, and it takes talent to find talent.
The way we promote and market our service and content is integral to the success of the business globally, so this individual will have a meaningful impact at Netflix. The ideal candidate is not only a great Researcher, but is highly strategic in their approach and can use research combined with business and market knowledge to influence decision making.
What are we looking for?
A sourcing expert with experience partnering with business groups to gain an in-depth understanding and background in hiring top talent. You will partner with business leaders from our Creative Marketing and Marketing Operations departments, and report into the Director of Talent Acquisition in Los Angeles.
- Partner directly with in-house recruiters and business leaders to understand specific needs to attract and engage with top talent. To that end, someone who is highly curious and asks great questions to build their business acumen will be especially successful in the role.
- Own and drive the sourcing strategy for a variety of roles.
- Strategically utilize Linkedin, online research, events, etc to engage highly passive, sought-after candidates. Be proactive about exploring alternative sourcing channels.
- Build strong relationships with candidates and make judicious decisions on fit for a particular role or team, in addition to thinking through fit for our unique company culture.
- Use critical thinking, data, and business acumen to educate and influence hiring managers to make smart judgment calls that will directly impact who we hire for Netflix.
- Be an advocate for continually raising the bar and ensuring that candidates understand and embrace our culture of Freedom & Responsibility.
- Network and maintain relationships with key talent communities for short and/or long term opportunities.
- Understand our broader business and be able to answer questions around Netflix strategy, goals and culture.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the top Netflix competitors and the industry.
Key Qualifications and Requirements:
- Experienced, with 3+ years professional experience in recruiting or staffing
- Entertainment or marketing experience is a plus, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree, or related experience
- Self-motivated and directed; ability to collaborate is a must, but you will also be called upon to use critical thinking skills to operate autonomously
- Taking initiative and demonstrating follow-through is a must
- Innate curiosity to research market trends, and translate insights back to the business
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, simultaneous responsibilities in a timely manner
- Demonstrated organization and attention to detail