Science & Analytics Leader, Marketing
- Los Gatos, California
- Science and Analytics
Netflix has entered a completely new phase of its evolution. We are combining the worlds of technology and entertainment, with 135+ million members and over 1000 original shows and films from around the world. We face the dual challenge of successfully launching more shows than any studio in history, and doing so in a personalized manner to the largest audience (current + future members). Netflix Marketing is responsible tackling these challenges through resonate messages at scale.
The Marketing Science & Analytics (“S&A”) team is the experimentation and analytic partner to Netflix Marketing, driving improvements in member engagement and long-term growth by measuring and optimizing marketing effectiveness. The team uses diverse technical skills - test design and analysis, lift modeling, analytic reporting, and tooling - to discover strategic insights and guide high-profile decisions. We are looking for a new leader to amplify and accelerate the team’s impact across analytics, analytic tooling, and data science.
As Manager / Director (level to be determined by seniority) of the Marketing S&A team, you will have expansive scope to lead tooling and methodological vision to support and accelerate all off-product promotion of Netflix content. The ideal candidate will lead and grow the existing team to amplify business impact through the combination of analytic and tooling innovation, scaled execution, science leadership, data partnership, and high pace of execution. In this role, you will help redefine data science and analytics for global content promotion in the evolving entertainment space.
- Set a strategic vision for advancing Marketing effectiveness at driving member engagement, in close partnership with stakeholders
- Lead a team of data scientists focused on the span of causal inference activities (experimentation, modeling) in both paid and earned media
- Lead and expand a leading analytics organization that partners both on delivering short-term requests with high expectations on SLAs to broader strategic analytical projects with complex deliverables
- Find the best balance between scientific rigor and practical application to improve decision making
- Establish and maintain a culture of rigor and data curiosity to drive tangible business impact
- Be a strategic advisor to executives, business stakeholders, and product and eng leaders
- Contribute in technical discussions, guiding towards practical and scalable tools
- PhD / MS degree in a quantitative or computational field (focus on causal inference / experimentation / scaled measurement preferred)
- 5+ years experience with mixed data skill sets and approaches (analytics, analytic tools, and data science); experience with rapid product and tool development preferred
- 5+ years experience in building, managing, and inspiring a high-performing data science or analytics team
- Capacity and passion to translate business objectives into actionable analyses, and analytic results into business and product recommendations
- Strong communication skills to partner with range of stakeholders from business to creative to technical to focus on impact
- Experience with international markets / growth marketing, computational advertising, or entertainment a plus
You will have the opportunity to impact the business in a meaningful way, working through interesting problems in an environment that encourages freedom, innovation, and risk taking. Your team and co-workers will be driven to find and solve hard problems and will work with you to foster high performance. You can learn more about the Netflix culture at jobs.netflix.com/culture.