Senior Software Engineer - Android Tools and Infrastructure
- Los Gatos, California
- UI Engineering
Netflix is the world's leading streaming video service with more than 130 million members and our growth is accelerating. It's an exciting time to be working on Android at Netflix. Our members in international markets already outnumber our domestic subscriptions by a large margin and we’re only getting started! The Android team sits at the intersection of this global growth, compounded with an ever increasing mobile usage for content consumption. We love every minute of the complex engineering and product challenges that come with operating at this scale.
We proudly ship the Netflix app on Android to millions of members around the world. Our responsibilities include extensive A/B testing on a wide variety of devices by building highly performant and often custom UI experiences. We work on data driven optimizations at scale in a diverse and sometimes unforgiving device and network ecosystem. We also create foundational client infrastructure elements used as building blocks for A/B tests. We tie it all together with sophisticated operational testing and automation solutions designed to support our high performance, fast paced culture of experimentation, autonomy and ownership.
We are looking for engineers who will be passionate about defining, creating, and evolving the various facets of building, testing, releasing and measuring the health of the Netflix Android app. The ideal candidate has experience owning and iterating on these milestones of high quality, frequently released and widely distributed Android apps. A strong foundation rooted in Android, testing, automation, tooling and infrastructure with a bent of mind towards incrementally delivering measurable impact for the team is expected.
- Create scalable continuous integration tools which enable Android committers build better and faster
- Deploy systems to monitor and predict app health metrics for the various distribution channels
- Find ways to measure and improve code health using analyses of coverage, regressions, patterns etc.
- Add UI test coverage for new productized features and prevent regressions in the control experience
- Qualitative testing for uncovered areas accompanied with proactive efforts to minimize manual checks
- Strong communication skills with a passion for enhancing the quality of the app
- Deep knowledge of Android concepts like espresso, profiling, gradle, kotlin etc.
- Experience with committing to production Android codebases and refactors
- Comfortable with light operational tasks related to thin orchestration services used by apps
- Experience with creating effective and automated means of bug and issue triaging
- Coach fellow Android engineers on testing and influence how we write code
- Work with other senior, high performing engineers where you will be constantly learning and sharpening your skill set
- We pay top of market with excellent benefits
- Help evolve the way people watch content online
- The Netflix culture. Not just a memo, but something we practice daily.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.