Senior Software Engineer - Open Connect
- Los Gatos, California
- Content Delivery
Netflix is responsible for a significant portion of internet traffic at peak times and we've built a global CDN and backbone, Open Connect, that sets the standard for video delivery. As we build our award-winning slate of original content, we’re also taking on the challenge of revolutionizing television and film production networking.
To scale the CDN, corporate, and studio network infrastructures, we’re seeking a Senior Software Engineer to build extensible, maintainable services for use by various internal teams.
You are first and foremost a consummate software developer. You will be designing services to manage heterogeneous networks in a vendor agnostic manner, advancing the state of the art in this space. You will aid Netflix in making intelligent business decisions by building systems to collect vast amounts of network state and metrics data. As part of a small team, you will see the impact of your work not only at Netflix, but also on the internet.
You won’t be alone in this bold effort and will be supported by top software and network engineering talent.
We need you to
- Understand and deeply focus on the real-world benefit your systems and products will have on our customers and users
- Be driven by, and have a bias toward, autonomy: you’ll be given a lot of context on the problems we’re trying to solve, but you’ll need to figure out how to solve them
- Be invested in the long-term view: while we need to deliver value this month and this quarter, we need to avoid technical debt and other forms of unnecessary complications that will serve us poorly in the future
- Have a demonstrated track record in building large-scale, highly resilient, REST-based services
- Demonstrate expertise with Python (our codebase is almost entirely Python 3.6 with Go starting to make some inroads)
- Be comfortable with cloud environments or very large scale data center environments
- Be fluent in some GNU/Linux distribution
- Have great verbal and written communication skills
We’d love for you to have experience with any of the following
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusiveness at Netflix. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy or maternity, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.