- Los Angeles, California
Netflix, the leading online movie and television subscription service, seeks a Maintenance Technician to support our Los Angeles Campus.
We are seeking a hands-on, experienced Maintenance Technician to provide facilities and property maintenance to our growing portfolio. Candidate must have advanced working knowledge of commercial buildings and understanding of HVAC, electrical, and plumbing. The position requires the ability to work independently, take initiative, and show a desire to continually improve building systems and provide excellent customer service through employee interactions. This position reports into the Manager, Workplace Services and Operations.
Netflix is a fast-paced and demanding company that requires a driven individual who is able to exercise good judgment, take fast initiative, and provide a high level of customer service to enhance our employee experience.
- Perform preventative maintenance work on mechanical, electrical, plumbing and HVAC related equipment
- Resolve maintenance aesthetic issues
- Perform maintenance and repairs of various HVAC equipment including: Chillers, Roof Top Package Units, Heat Pumps and Split Systems
- Perform light electrical repairs included but not limited to, lighting circuits, outlets and switches
- Perform light plumbing repairs including but not limited to, toilets, urinals, sinks, faucets and drainage
- Assist in the formulation and implementation of safety policies and procedures related to the daily operations of the facilities. Participation in safety, knowledge and skills training
- Provide input and regular communication to the Manager, Workplace Services on repairs, projects, and operational budgeting
- Assist in required daily, weekly, monthly, semi-annual, and annual required building inspections, and institute required corrections and/or Preventative Maintenance systems and schedules as needed
- Work with subcontractors and vendors as required to carry out the various responsibilities of such 3rd party services
- Manage tenant request and preventative maintenance requirements through internal ticketing system
- Make adjustments to HVAC for comfortability levels for employees
- 5 years plus experience in building maintenance as a Maintenance Tech or Building Engineer
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Advanced knowledge of plumbing, HVAC, electrical, general maintenance, blueprints, building operating systems and understanding schematics
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work with different personalities and attitudes
- Excellent customer service orientation and the proven ability to professionally respond to employee requests in a timely manner
- Three or more years of journey-level experience in the operation, maintenance and repair of boiler, heating, ventilating, refrigeration and air conditioning equipment and systems or the equivalent combination of formal course work in mechanical technology and hands-on experience
- Detailed oriented, organized, self-motivated and able to multitask.
- Computer literacy with the understanding of G-Suite applications.