Engineering Manager - Identity
- Los Gatos, California
- Information Security
Netflix is reinventing how the world watches television. Over 125 million members around the globe enjoy our award-winning movies and TV shows, but most of our growth still lies ahead. As Netflix grows, so does our footprint in content production which drives an increasing need to identify and grant access to employees, partners, vendors, and other creatives around the globe.
Fueled by this growth, identity becomes critical to enabling people to create and distribute incredible content. Netflix has both built and integrated with thousands of applications which rely on our services to enable access and protect our content and customers. As a platform, our engineering teams expect high reliability, low latency, and unquestionable security. Our end-users demand a low-friction experience with a flexible ecosystem of authentication options. To meet these expectations, we have a small but highly-expert team of identity engineers that build and maintain our identity platform (Meechum). This platform enables authentication and access for many privileged (non-customer) users both inside and outside of Netflix.
This role, Engineering Manager - Identity, is responsible for setting the vision for our identity platform and for leading our Identity and Access Engineering Team. You’ll be a key engineering leader in the Netflix Product Organization and will contribute widely as a central team leader.
How you’ll likely focus your day:
Networking: You’ll spend a good deal of your time networking, creating strong industry relationships, and recruiting the very best software engineers
Feedback: You are intuitive and understand how to give direct, timely, and constructive feedback to enable your team to grow. (for more depth on direct feedback, take a look at Netflix’s Culture Memo)
Vision: You think big and understand how your team’s goals intersect and support those of the company. You spend time defining the vision for identity and evangelizing it.
Partnership: You have a sense for who you need to align with to support your team and the company’s goals. You identify and build these relationships and help your team do the same.
- Experience leading teams with diverse skill sets including: information technology, security programs, and especially software engineering
- Ability to hire and retain a high-impact, high-performing team
- Ability to collaborate and building partnerships with a wide variety of teams across the business including product, engineering, finance, customer service, legal, studio production, and security
- Understanding the IAM integration space as well as the build vs. buy trade-offs for a core engineering team
- Leading a team in setting a strategic vision, and then communicating that vision broadly across the company