Product Creative Strategist/Producer - Global Anime
- Los Angeles, California
- Product Creative
It's an amazing time to join Netflix as we continue to transform the way anime is consumed and viewed globally. In this role, you will develop the creative strategy that defines the assets representing both licensed and originals global anime titles across all Netflix user interfaces.
As part of a creative team within the Product organization, the Product Creative Producer - Global Anime is in a unique position to blend the data based A/B testing realm with creative. Producers brainstorm, coordinate, and socialize creative strategy with multiple stakeholder teams to ensure seamless launches on a global scale. They use both the left and right brain equally, requiring a personality and skill set that can easily go from art to science and back again.
At Netflix, we have an insatiable need to continually improve our product experience and the creative elements that support it. This opportunity is involved in some of the most innovative and challenging parts of the business. It's an exciting time to join!
You will oversee ideation to product deployment of creative assets that represent global anime titles across multiple platforms on the Netflix service. You will build and strengthen relationships externally with global studio partners and creative agencies. You will educate and inspire partners on our style guide and delivery requirements to ensure high technical and creative quality standards. You will leverage content, marketing, PR, and social media campaign elements, product strategy, and testing to create a suite of assets that delight our subscribers.
Success is not only based on creating the most varied and visually stimulating cache of assets but also coordinating across numerous internal and external stakeholder groups. The ability to form close relationships with various groups within Netflix is just as critical as with global external partners. You'll create strong partnerships with creative directors, agencies, studios and other cross-functional teams to define the creative look and feel of a title which can travel internationally. Garnering a extremely deep understanding of product and content strategies will be inherent to your success as well.
A Typical Day Might Include
- Writing a creative brief based on data and insights from partner teams and tools.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to source, creative direct, and produce compelling imagery, video and textual assets.
- Effectively project managing multiple title launches to ensure timely and accurate development, production and delivery of creative assets.
- Leading onboarding meetings with studio reps and agency partners to introduce Netflix product and product creative.
- Proactively learning about latest product innovation efforts and updating cross-functional partners on the latest product features, tests, and initiatives.
- Reviewing artwork performance metrics, analyzing winning trends, and determining a path for better creative.
- Exceptional communicator: Native or bilingual proficiency in speaking and writing in English and Japanese. Experience collaborating directly with Japanese businesses.
- Strategic thinker with creative flare and project management skills: 7+ years crafting world class creative strategy, spearheading creative direction and execution.
- Being able to identify elements of a content that yield creative opportunities and translate this into a compelling and complete creative brief complete with data, insights, and references.
- Having confidence and competency to provide clear and actionable creative direction and feedback to designers, producers and other cross functional partners.
- Proactive, fast, and flexible problem-solver with superb time, resource, and stakeholder management.
- Ability to interact meaningfully with people of diverse backgrounds, personalities and expertise (e.g. product engineer in Silicon Valley & creative executive in Hollywood).
- Passion and curiosity towards building great product experiences for everyone.
- Comfortably keeping up to date with the zeitgeist in international affairs, entertainment, culture, tech and business innovations around the world.
- Familiarity with and passion for anime content! Experience working with anime creative is a plus.
- Understand, advocate, and embody the company’s values and team goals.
Netflix is the world's leading Internet television network with members enjoying TV shows and movies each day.