Marketing Planning & Analysis Associate - EMEA
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Financial Planning and Analysis
As Netflix continues to push its global growth, we are looking for an Associate to join the Marketing Planning & Analysis (MP&A) team in the Europe, Middle East & Africa region (EMEA). Netflix derives a significant competitive advantage from the highly analytical approach it takes to managing all aspects of the business, and this is equally applicable to Marketing Strategy. Marketing leadership relies heavily on MP&A to inform important business decisions with actionable data-driven insights.
In this role, you will need to be highly analytical, a strong problem solver and an effective communicator. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and must display strong initiative for meeting the business demands of EMEA marketers.
You will be responsible for providing analytical insights on EMEA markets to Marketing leadership teams regarding their activities, and be a key contributor to MP&A’s thought leadership projects. In addition, the role requires frequent cross-functional collaboration with teams such as Programmatic Marketing, Data Science & Engineering, Subscriber Analytics, Science & Algorithms, Consumer Insights, Content Planning & Analysis, Brand & Editorial, PR, Partner Marketing, etc. The position is based in our EMEA headquarters in Amsterdam and involves direct support to members of the EMEA marketing team, and close coordination with wider teams in the US.
- You will be responsible for providing analytical support to marketing efforts in a specific set of EMEA markets. You will:
- Develop insights related to titles (especially for our Original Series and Features) and EMEA markets that would facilitate marketing planning and the allocation of the marketing budget
- Perform analyses around marketing campaigns, media optimization, and core business metrics
- Develop digital analytics insights to improve campaign performance, and coordinate digital marketing initiatives that pertain to these markets
- Support cross-functional teams such as Brand & Editorial and Publicity in deriving market specific insights related to social media and press coverage of our brand and content
- Support the design and setup of marketing experimentation within specific EMEA markets in collaboration with other cross-functional teams
- Monitor subscriber acquisition and retention; analyze key predictors, identify trends and present actionable insights to the Marketing and other cross-functional EMEA teams
- Develop insights to support our continued international expansion providing support to Marketing leadership teams across EMEA
- Relay complicated insights into actionable insights for non-analytical business partners; develop trusted relationship with senior stakeholders in Netflix marketing leadership
- A successful candidate will have a strong track record of critical thinking, performing comprehensive analyses independently, and communicating recommendations in a clear, structured and concise way. Knowledge of digital marketing or media advertising is a plus
- 3-5 years of experience in a highly analytical environment - top management consulting firm, corporate planning and/or analysis in an OTT/entertainment/digital media company or agency, or similarly demanding functions in which modeling and strategic analysis is essential
- Proven track record and enthusiasm for complex problem solving utilizing financial modeling and analysis, including great Excel skills. Must also demonstrate quick learning ability.
- Strong stakeholder management capabilities are critical; experience in developing and presenting analyses and insights to senior stakeholders is key to success in this roleInternational experience a big plus; the candidate must have high enthusiasm about working with multicultural partners across markets in EMEA and other global regions
- Top-tier education; Master or Bachelor in Management or related fields a plus (or equivalent years of relevant experience)
- Prior work experience in Media/Entertainment industry or working in/with Marketing a plus; understanding of digital marketing a plus