Director, Studio Science & Analytics
- Los Angeles, California
- Science and Analytics
Netflix is revolutionizing entertainment. We deliver billions of hours of movies and TV shows per month to more than 130 million accounts globally. With our growing investment in original content, the Netflix Studio is a key part of our mission to produce content to entertain a diverse global audience. Our data-driven culture has allowed us to continuously innovate and provide the best product experience for our members, and we’re using a data-driven approach to build the Netflix Studio from the ground up!
In this role, you will lead a high-impact data science & analytics team focused on scaling the Netflix Studio with data. The data scientists and analytics engineers on the team build predictive models and algorithms using Machine Learning (ML), optimization models using Operations Research techniques, conduct analyses and develop analytic tools, and design and analyze experiments, all with the goal of enabling scale and creating more joy for our members. The problems this team works on include understanding the health of the Studio, budgeting and scheduling for our original productions, and optimizing our Post Production, Visual Effects (VFX) and Animation workflows. This team partners with engineering and operations teams to develop and test new models/algorithms that combine ML, statistics, and optimization to enable new operational paradigms.
The Netflix Studio is using data to revolutionize content production, and you along with your team will have the opportunity to do groundbreaking work that will shape the industry. You will provide thought leadership and create the vision for how data will enable the future of the Netflix Studio. Check out the following post to learn more about the area and some of the problems we're working on:
To learn more about our research and analytics work, check out the Netflix Research website.
- Lead a data science & analytics team that leverages analytic tools, statistics and optimization to help scale the Netflix Studio.
- Grow the team by attracting top talent in the field.
- Provide mentorship to leaders and individual contributors on the team and guide technical thinking.
- Partner closely with business stakeholders and engineering teams to integrate work outputs into the content production workflow.
- Provide thought leadership and identify new areas where data science & analytics can play a significant role.
- Work with senior management and executives to develop the vision for a data-driven Netflix Studio.
- Think broadly about the Netflix business and contribute to efforts beyond your domain.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in building, managing, mentoring, and inspiring data science & analytics teams, with a proven track record of leveraging data to drive significant business impact.
- PhD or MS in Statistics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Economics, or related field.
- Experience building and deploying analytic solutions as well as machine learning and/or optimization models in production.
- Solid statistical knowledge and analytic thinking, ideally utilized in modeling and experimentation.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills coupled with strong business acumen.
- Proven ability to partner with senior leaders and influence peer organizations.
- High-energy self-starter with a passion for your work, tolerance for ambiguity in a fast-paced setting, and a positive attitude.
- Passion for movies/TV would be a plus!
You will have the opportunity to impact the business in a meaningful way. You will have the freedom to innovate, solve interesting problems and influence in a fast paced, exciting environment. You will work with smart people who love to solve hard problems, and who not only expect but also foster high performance. You can learn more about the Netflix culture at jobs.netflix.com/culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.