Senior Studio Information Security Engineer
- Los Angeles, California
- Information Security
Netflix Studio Information Security provides information security services to our Studio, Content & Marketing organizations throughout the production lifecycle as we scale our rapidly growing portfolio of original content. We are a multi-functional and highly agile team, composed of self-driven individuals who bring their unique skills to approach to a variety of unique challenges, such as developing secure cloud-based production workflows, protecting our content from cyber attack, securing high profile productions and consulting on a wide range of security topics.
As Netflix’s studio business grows, we are looking for security practitioners to grow with it. Individuals will need to be the critical link between the studio teams and our larger Information Security organization. While this role is based in Hollywood, you can expect travel to our HQ in Los Gatos, California as well as the potential to travel both domestically and internationally in support of our productions.In this role, you will be a key partner to studio and production teams providing security expertise across many areas including secure design assessment, incident response, third party risk, vulnerability management and helping to paint the overall picture of Studio risk.Netflix has a unique culture that guides how we operate within Information Security. As a result, the most successful candidates will be comfortable partnering with other teams throughout Netflix and be passionate about securing our Studio business while facilitating its growth.
- You have a solid grounding in information security principles.
- You have experience building an information security program, focusing on one of the core areas of information security. Ideally, you have built a vulnerability management program, third party risk program, or a strategy for things like endpoint, network or data protection security.
- You possess the ability to communicate concisely, clearly, and intelligently to partners from a variety of backgrounds, including those non-technical or creative backgrounds.
- You demonstrate strong inter-team communication and project management skills. You have the ability to work across multiple teams to deliver an end product.
- You have worked with security vendors, handled relationships with third parties, and made decisions on build vs. buy.
- You can adapt and learn new skills quickly. You can demonstrate how you have self-taught yourself or independently picked up new skills.
- You know how to think logically to tackle problems and situations.
- You are skilled at taking initiative, ownership, and setting direction in gray areas.
- You have a burning desire to grow in both engineering and security expertise with our team.