Senior Software Engineer - Product Creative Engineering
- Los Gatos, California
- Content Engineering
At Netflix, we are crafting the future of entertainment. We are the first truly global internet entertainment network and we want the world to experience the joy of entertainment wherever and whenever they want.
Netflix is expanding its streaming experience globally. In order to deliver an exciting and engaging experience to millions of users worldwide, we need to be able to capture and curate hundreds of thousands of media assets in a wide variety of types & variations (such as video source files, display imagery, and localized audio).
The team is responsible for building systems used to move content from movie studios and creative agencies around the world to Netflix, as well as curate secondary content internally.
Using advanced computer vision techniques, we are investigating new methods of curating artwork and videos to include in the service to cater to various taste. We work with many different partners at Netflix to deliver an unmatched consumer experience. Netflix utilizes data to drive inform decision making as a company and product features go through extensive A/B or Explore/Exploit Testing. The team works together with Product Management to make sure our Content Platform is ready to support these new features and experiments.
We’re building new tools and data models to operationalize asset ingestion at scale. You will have the opportunity to influence and architect what we build and how we scale.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with experience in distributed, cloud-based application development (AWS, Azure, or Google App Engine) using microservices architecture with RESTful services. You are comfortable working across different internal teams and demonstrate leadership in project execution. You can work with fuzzy requirements and turn it into real working solution.
You’ll want to work with us if you like:
- To strive to adopt standards and find opportunities for continuous improvements through emerging technologies
- To implement new features in systems from initial design through delivery.
We’ll want to work with you if:
- You're an expert-level programmer and kept up to date with the evolution of the Object Oriented languages (Java preferred, but we’re open to C# as well) and related frameworks
- You recognize the challenges of large-scale distributed computing and know how to code for availability, fault tolerance and scalability
- You are experienced in Concurrent, Event-driven systems
- You advocate for iterative test-driven development
- You are an effective communicator, adept at working with various teams and leading initiatives with little to no direct supervision
- You have development experience with Spring, Guice, Elasticsearch, and Cassandra.
- Conceptual understanding of Machine Learning and Computer Vision
Some tech blogs published by larger team that you may find interesting.
Share this listing:
Share this listing: