Senior Manager, Programmatic Marketing - Japan
- Tokyo, Japan
It’s an amazing time to join Netflix. We are shaping the future of global entertainment, bringing new stories to millions of people worldwide. Our marketing is focused on building Netflix as the #1 destination for entertainment, and bringing consumers to our service through breakthrough campaigns for some of most compelling, exclusive content in the world.
At Netflix we marry the best parts of a tech and an entertainment company, and for programmatic this gives us a unique opportunity to push the industry forward. Recognized as a leading company in the field, empowered by strong insights, world-class AdTech team and a commitment to learning, we continuously push ourselves forward. We are facing some unique challenges in Japan, so joining us is your chance to be at the forefront of programmatic innovation globally, but also to solve problems in a way that will help us unlock growth for our business and bring the joy of entertainment to millions.
As Manager, Programmatic Marketing (Japan), you will be responsible for the planning, activation and optimization of our programmatic efforts (RTB, paid social and paid search) in Japan, and the coordination of our cross-functional efforts related to those campaigns. You will also help Netflix maintain its status as one of the most advanced companies in the field of programmatic by being a thought leader and constantly challenging the status quo.
- Own the strategic direction for how paid social and programmatic buying can fuel the marketing efforts within your purview including: Define macro goals for the team, its outputs and its performance; ensure best practice integration; be a champion for digital excellence with cross-functional partners
- Shepherd best practices across all of digital media to ensure campaigns deliver maximum impact, complimenting programmatic efforts
- Contribute to the learning agenda for the regional campaigns under your purview, define plans for accumulating additional IP in this important space
- Manage team of programmatic campaign managers, dedicated to supporting local campaigns and initiatives for the Japan market
- Partner closely with regional marketing teams, creative and product to maximize the total efficacy of our efforts. Partnership is absolutely critical for success
- Be an advocate for Japan within the global programmatic community, help highlight key areas of opportunity and work with the relevant teams to find solutions.
- Provide ongoing feedback on the performance of existing partners (fueling partnership optimization)
- Serve as a key voice in defining our business requirements for ad technology platforms and how they can improve to empower superior operational and performance results
- Identify areas for operational efficiencies and streamlining opportunities
- Serve as a thought leader and subject matter expert in key areas core to our success. For example, online video, data management, etc
- As a senior business leader within our Tokyo office, build an informed PoV on our strategic direction, and voice your opinions to convince your partners
- At least 4 years in a hands-on role managing paid social and/or programmatic campaigns at an agency, marketer, Tech/AdTech company or DSP
- At least 8 years of total marketing experience, including experience dealing with complex sets of stakeholders across multiple time zones
- Experience managing direct reports
- Top-notch platform skills with FB Power Editor, Google Ads, Twitter or DBM.
- Strong grasp of the overall digital marketing ecosystem in Japan and the role that paid social and programmatic play within
- Fluent in English and Japanese
- Excellent communication skills. You will be the go-to-person for multiple marketing and communication teams. Interpersonal skills are a prerequisite for success.
- High attention to detail, analytical skills and the ability to make forward-looking data-driven decisions that will help drive the growth of our business
- Ability to manage through business change successfully
- A passion for the entertainment business and a strong understanding of popular culture in Japan
- A strong belief in our culture. We live by our values, so it's worth learning more about them at jobs.netflix.com/culture
- International marketing experience, ideally in a regional or global role
- Exposure to offline marketing channels & tactics