Senior Technical Program Manager, Developer Education
- Los Gatos, California
- Cloud and Platform Engineering
Netflix is the world's leading streaming video service, and our growth is accelerating. As we grow internationally, we are continually improving our cloud-based technology infrastructure to help us scale and move even faster. Cloud-based technology is powering our explosive growth and streaming experience, while presenting new challenges to building a reliable service on top of ephemeral commodity hardware.
At Netflix, we want to help all developers to be productive, in onboarding and for continuing education. It’s critical that we provide a low-friction, engaging solution for developer education. We need a strategic thinker who is passionate about DevEd and interested in both engaging across the company, and bringing in ideas from outside.
We’re leaning into the “T” (Technical) for this role. By technical, we mean that the ideal candidate has strong CS fundamentals, is intensely curious about the technology, and grows technical expertise over time. Our expectation is that a person in this role will contribute to setting and executing the strategy for our DevEd program, developing content alongside other engineers, and delivering content. In addition to this, the DevEd leader will work with other teams at Netflix would would like to deliver their own content.
Developer Education at Netflix is probably different than what you have experienced at other companies. Nothing is mandated, but tools evolve quickly, and our developers are motivated to stay up to date with them. The Productivity Engineering team has been incubating new employee education as well as continuing employee education for the past several years. We’re ready to take it to the next level, increasing our impact on developer productivity.
To be successful in this role, you must be a quick learner, have a strong understanding of systems, software development and the ability to communicate and work well in large cross-functional teams. This is a great opportunity to enhance your cloud computing skills and simultaneously gain intimate knowledge of Netflix products and services.
- You have a demonstrated ability to establish a vision and to execute on it
- You have exceptional experience in building and delivering training
- You are comfortable leading initiatives and presenting to large groups
- You have a passion for staying up to date with technology
- You easily partner with cross functional teams, stakeholders and SME’s
- You have developed and maintained all necessary training collateral including facilitator and participant materials
- You have built and grown technical training programs in your previous experience and understand how to measure impact
- You have a proven track-record of building reliable, scalable, service-oriented web services
- You have worked on and/or understand distributed systems and large scale engineering challenges
- You have deep understanding of software and speak the language of software developers
- 5+ years experience designing soft skills and tools learning solutions for a variety of job levels - entry level to senior leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, organizational development or equivalent experience
- Experience designing and developing solutions for global curriculum (instructor-led, self-paced, elearning, blended etc.)
- Experience designing learning offerings that range from a 15-minute elearning to multi-week classroom experiences.
- Adapt to a fast-paced, results-oriented, data-driven environment