Senior Product Designer - Creative Marketing Engineering
- Los Angeles, California
- Product Engineering
Netflix is well on its way to being the largest entertainment company in the world. As part of this growth, we are producing new titles at a faster rate every day. Each of these titles needs to be supported by compelling, high quality marketing assets to get people excited. No other company has tried to create, manage and traffic such a large volume of assets and our marketing department needs specialized support to help them operate at such a scale.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will craft the next generation of these tools and applications, and help to redefine the marketing process as we know it. We’re discovering new challenges every day as we grow and need your help to build out solutions in a pleasing and intuitive manner.
We are looking for a smart and energetic web application product designer who has a passion for creating amazing applications. The ideal candidate should be an expert in managing complex workflows and presenting them to the end user in an elegant manner. All of our tools are internally facing, so experience building enterprise or B2B applications is helpful, but not required.
What you will do…
- Contribute to the overall vision and design strategy for the Creative Marketing applications, from concept exploration and research through product design and implementation.
- Create strong partnerships with Product Management, Engineering, Marketing Operations and executive stakeholders.
- Provide design leadership through influence, judgment, communication, and collaboration to drive product decisions.
- Quickly establish a core understanding of the business and Netflix marketing strategy.
- Lead user research to understand and optimize user flows within various applications built by the team.
- Be able to work independently and drive design projects from ideation to completion.
- Correlate design decisions back to tangible and intangible business benefits.
- Create wireframes and mockups to help stakeholders and users visualize the design
What we are looking for…
- 6+ plus years of professional product design experience.
- A great portfolio that showcases deep visual and interaction design skills.
- Experience working with Sketch, Balsamiq, Invision or other wireframing/prototyping tools.
- Experience working with design components such as Google Material Design or equivalent.
- Experience working directly with engineering teams to bring your designs to life.
- Business analytical skills that help guide design decisions.
- The communication skills to clearly articulate your concepts—and evangelize on their behalf.
- BA/BS in fine arts, graphic arts, human computer interaction, or equivalent professional experience.