Editorial Manager, International
- Los Angeles, California
- Product Creative
We are seeking an entertainment-savvy editorial creative manager with exceptional operational skills to hire and manage a diverse team of content analysts working in a high-volume, high-quality, tight-deadline environment. You will oversee the timely curation, tagging, rating, application and enhancement of title-level metadata for the International Netflix catalog. You will help evolve operational tools and processes in addition to leading special projects with cross-functional business partners.
You will inspire creativity while helping deliver delightful, trustworthy user experiences at global scale. You have an ability to translate your passion for movie and TV content into scalable, robust data, transforming the unique qualities of a genre or style into tags and “handles” that Netflix members can use to search, browse, filter, and discover the myriad of choices available to them. You have deep knowledge, experience, and education in the film or television industry with a strong focus on International markets: You know what content local audiences in these markets respond to strongly and why, taking into account a culture’s sensitivities, interests, and film/TV production history.
The ideal candidate has great people management skills and experience keeping onsite and remote teams imbued with company culture and supplied with relevant business context. You are comfortable managing conflicts with diplomacy, transparency, and candor, and can reach solutions quickly.
Reporting to the Director of Product Metadata, this is a full-time salaried role, located in our Los Gatos or Los Angeles office.
- 10+ years operational management experience
- Experience in content analysis, coverage and development
- Experience hiring, training, coaching and supervising personnel across offices, cultures, languages, and time zones
- Experience supporting A/B testing and product innovation
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Aptitude for analyzing content trends, and pivoting quickly as the market demands
- Eager to embrace our culture of candid feedback
- C2 level or native fluency in languages beyond English required
- Manage a growing team responsible for metadata creation for International titles
- Provide editorial oversight and overall team vision
- Evolve process and content metadata guidelines
- Assess team output and capacity for growth
- Build relationships and represent the Product Metadata team in cross-functional forums
- Continually work to evaluate our workflows and tools for scale and efficiency