Senior UI Engineer - Open Connect
- Los Gatos, California
- Content Delivery
Netflix is responsible for a significant portion of internet traffic at peak times and we've built a global CDN and backbone, Open Connect, that sets the standard for video delivery. As we build our award-winning slate of original content, we’re also taking on the challenge of revolutionizing television and film production networking.
To scale the CDN, corporate, and studio network infrastructures, we’re seeking a Senior Software Engineer to build extensible, maintainable services for use by various internal teams.
To assist in the development and operation of this network infrastructure, as well as aid Netflix in making intelligent business decisions, we’re seeking a software engineer to build a unified, consistent user experience across our various services.
These services allow our network engineers and architects, ISP partner engagement managers, capacity planners, and other teams at Netflix to programmatically configure the network and monitor its health, analyze traffic, perform traffic engineering, and plan for new sites and circuits. This list is by no means exhaustive, and both our projects and stakeholders continue to grow. As the person responsible for UX/UI, you will be delighting users across the company, many of whom you’ll know personally.
You won’t be alone in this effort and will be supported by top software and network engineering talent.
We need you to
- Understand and deeply focus on the real-world benefit your systems and products will have on our customers and users
- Be driven by, and have a bias toward, autonomy: you’ll be given a lot of context on the problems we’re trying to solve, but you’ll need to figure out how to solve them
- Be invested in the long-term view: while we need to deliver value this month and this quarter, we need to avoid technical debt and other forms of unnecessary complications that will serve us poorly in the future
- Be an expert in designing and building elegant, interactive UIs: you love web development, working with the DOM and CSS, learning new APIs, leveraging libraries like Redux and React, and generally discovering creative ways to improve our user experiences
- Have great verbal and written communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusiveness at Netflix. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy or maternity, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.