Senior Analyst, Technology Planning & Analysis
- Los Gatos, California
- Financial Planning and Analysis
Netflix is revolutionizing the media and entertainment industry. Underpinning this revolution are ground breaking efforts in technology infrastructure - Cloud Infrastructure, Open Connect Content Delivery, and Product Creative - that catalyze Netflix’s success.
We are looking for a Senior Analyst to join the Technology Planning and Analysis (TP&A) team in our Los Gatos office to focus on the Cloud Infrastructure vertical. You will be partnering with senior leaders in the Product organization to assess strategic initiatives, develop actionable insights, and drive operational analytics.
In the Cloud Infrastructure vertical, we are responsible for driving efficient resource utilization of our Amazon Web Services infrastructure that serves the “before you press play” experience (e.g. sign-up, login, personalization, search, etc.) for 140+ million members. You would research questions like “What is the financially optimum time for every microservice to deploy over the course of a day?”, “How long should we keep backups of our most important data stores?”, and “What are the right KPIs/business metrics we should benchmark our major microservices’ compute growth against?”
Candidates are expected to be highly analytical, self-directed and effective communicators. Ideal candidates have a proven track record of cross functional project management and extensive analytics experience. We are a self service, data driven organization so previous experience with query and scripting languages such as SQL and Python or a strong desire to learn these skills is preferred. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and focus on generating results while exhibiting the highest personal and professional integrity and ethics.
In addition to intellectual curiosity and aptitude, we look for candidates who are excited by technology, either from a professional or personal background. Since we are deeply intertwined with our business partners, having the ability to connect broader Netflix business themes to specific engineering initiatives is critical for success.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Extensive analysis of our cloud infrastructure, focusing on optimization and efficiency opportunities. Based on the findings, project manage the implementation..
- Provide strategic ad-hoc analysis to engineering teams, senior leaders, and FP&A. Report and iterate on key operational and financial metrics.
- Drive cross-functional efficiency projects from conception to execution.
- Partner with our Data Science and Engineering Infrastructure teams to develop tools for forecasting, analytics, and dashboarding.
- Minimum three years in an analytical role.
- Experience working as a business partner with technical engineering teams.
- Ability to present to and context switch between peer groups and senior level management.
- Ability to independently explore and analyze high volume datasets.
- Familiarity with SQL/Python or other query languages and strong working knowledge of Excel.
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn internal data warehouse tools to self-service data gathering and analysis
- Working knowledge of visualization tools (e.g. Tableau).
- Degree in economics, mathematics, engineering/ computer science, or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative competence.
Share this listing:
Share this listing: