Associate, Technology Planning & Analysis
- Los Gatos, California
- Financial Planning and Analysis
Netflix is revolutionizing the media and entertainment industry. Underpinning this revolution are ground breaking efforts in technology infrastructure - Cloud Infrastructure, Open Connect Content Delivery, and Product Creative - that catalyze Netflix’s success.
We are looking for two Associates to join the Technology Planning and Analysis (TP&A) team. You will be partnering with senior leaders in the Product organization to assess strategic initiatives, develop actionable insights, and drive operational analytics.
We currently have open positions on two teams within TP&A:
- Cloud Infrastructure: we are responsible for driving efficient resource utilization of our Amazon Web Services infrastructure that serves the “before you press play” experience (e.g. sign-up, login, personalization, search, etc.) for 130 million members. You would research questions like “what is the financially optimum time for every microservice to deploy over the course of a day” or “how long should we backup the most important data stores?”
- Content Delivery - Open Connect: we are responsible for efficiently scaling one of the world’s largest Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) that serves over 37% of the internet’s traffic at peak. You would research questions like “which are the fastest growing markets and is our cache capacity able to meet that demand” or “what are longer term internal and external traffic trends and how should we change our deployment strategy in response?”
- Extensive analysis of our product infrastructure, focusing on optimization and efficiency opportunities. Based on the findings, project manage the cross functional efficiency initiative.
- Own short and long-term financial forecasts.
- Provide financial and strategic ad-hoc analysis to engineering teams, senior leaders, and FP&A. Report and iterate on key operational and financial metrics.
- Drive cross-functional efficiency projects from vision to execution.
- Partner with our Science & Analytics and Data Engineering Infrastructure teams to develop tools for forecasting, analytics, and dashboarding.
Attributes sought after:
- Minimum three years in an analytical role.
- Experience working as a business partner with technical engineering teams.
- Ability to present to and context switch between peer groups and senior level management.
- Ability to independently explore and analyze high volume datasets.
- Familiarity with SQL/Python or other query languages.
- Strong understanding of financial forecasting including expert working knowledge of Excel.
- Working knowledge of visualization tools (e.g. Tableau).
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn internal data warehouse tools.
- Degree in finance, economics, mathematics, engineering/ computer science, or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative competence.
Candidates are required to be highly analytical and effective communicators. Ideal candidates have a proven track record of cross functional project management and financial analysis experience. We are a self service, data driven organization so previous experience with query languages such as SQL/Python or a strong desire to learn these skills is preferred. She/he must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and focus on generating results while exhibiting the highest personal and professional integrity and ethics.
In addition to intellectual curiosity and aptitude, we look for candidates who are excited by technology, either from a professional or personal background. Since we are deeply intertwined with our business partners, having the ability to connect broader Netflix business themes to specific Product initiatives is critical for success.